Here is a sample of receptionist resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a front desk receptionist, and receptionist.
The receptionist is the face of a company to all visitors and is responsible for the first impression the company makes. The receptionist is an administrative support position in an organisation; they are the first contact a visitor meets with on entering the organisation. Their work is usually performed in the waiting room or the lobby of an organisation. They give answers to visitors enquires about their product or services, direct visitors to their destinations, answer incoming phone calls, sorting and handing out mails, they keep records, file documents. They receptionist is also tasked with the duty of setting appointments for the company. They could also perform bookkeeping and cashiering duties.
A receptionist can also perform the duty of a security guard for access control into the organisation. In this area, the verify employees identification, issue passes to visitors, monitor unusual movement and activities of person. They also ensure that the waiting area is less congested to avoid rowdiness and for security purposes.
As said earlier, the receptionist is the first business contact person of an organisation. It is expected that a receptionist should have good public relation ability, maintain calmness at all times and be polite regardless of the visitor’s behaviour. To cap all these, the receptionist should have a good outward appearance to give the visitors a warm welcome.
Skills Required for Receptionist
To be a good receptionist, you must possess some skills and attributes that will give you an edge above others. They are:
- Good outward appearance
- Good communication skills
- Posses good human relation skills
- ITC knowledge
- Educational qualification would be an added advantage
- Should be matured in thinking
- Should be dependable
- Have a positive attitude
- Should have respect for confidentiality
Receptionist Resume Example
[Address and Contact Info]
- Superior telephone, customer service, and computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excel at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, completing project within time and budget constraint.
- Diligent, detailed-oriented Administrative Assistant knowledge of all office functions, with a solid background in the healthcare field.
- Multi-line phone system expert
- Security processes
- Document management
- Mail and package management
- Administrative support
- Vendor coordination
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Data entry
- Microsoft Office suite
New Olive Sentinel (2006 – 2010)
- Managed receptionist area, including greetings visitors and responding to telephone and in-person requests for information.
- Handled all media and public relations requires.
- Served as central point of contact for all outside vendors needing to gain access to the building
- Write report correspondence from dictation and handwritten notes.
- Dispatch incoming mail to correct recipients throughout the office.
- Make copies, send faxes and handle all outgoing correspondence.
New Olive Sentinel (2003 – 2006)
- Maintain the front desk and reception area in a neat and organised fashion.
- Supply key cards and building access to employees and visitors.
- Post open positions on company and social media websites.
- Receive and distribute faxes and mail in a timely manner
- Support executives and handle extra project as needed
- Periodically sat on meetings to transcribe notes.
University of Nevada-Las Vegas, United States (2005 – 2010)
MBA in English Literature
Reference – Available on Request
***This is only the receptionist resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples? See below.
- Medical Receptionist Cover Letter Sample
- Entry Level Receptionist Resume Sample
- Entry Level Front Desk Receptionist Resume Sample
- Receptionist Intern Resume Sample
- Front Desk Receptionist Intern Resume Sample
- Receptionist Job Description Sample
- Front Desk Receptionist Job Description Sample
- Medical Office Receptionist Job Description Sample
- Receptionist Cover Letter Sample
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search