Here is a sample of auto mechanic resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume format can be also utilized for an automotive technician, diesel mechanic, as well as motor vehicle technician.
Auto Mechanic to maintain and repair vehicles. You will be responsible for troubleshooting issues and fixing them aiming to maximum reliability and functionality. An excellent auto mechanic has good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. They are well-versed in complex mechanical or electronic systems of vehicles and have excellent problem-solving abilities. They must also be good communicators to provide advice to customers.
Auto Mechanic Resume Sample and Required Skills
Responsibilities of a Auto Mechanic
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc.) aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity
- Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise motorists on good vehicle use
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g. leaks)
- Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
- Keep logs on work and issues
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
- Inspecting vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Inspecting vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Conducting routine maintenance work aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity
Auto Mechanic Skills
- Proven experience as auto mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
- Ability to handle various tools (e.g. pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
- Excellent physical condition
- High school diploma is preferred; Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is preferred
- Valid certification (e.g ASE) is a definite plus
Auto Mechanic Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone Email Address
An energetic and competent individual who loves cars and enjoys fixing mechanical things. Karen comes to you with a strong background in diagnosing faults correctly, explaining mechanical issues to clients, and performing physically challenging tasks for extended periods of time. She is someone who possess a variety of competencies that set her apart from other candidates, chief amongst these is her ability to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technologies. As a seasoned professional she can work on cars, vans, motorbikes, lorries and coaches.
- Possess high level of technical and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to work with advanced tools and equipment
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Excellent communications skills in written and verbal English and French
- Completed preventive maintenance procedures on all vehicles of State Affairs in record time for the annual race
- Introduced a new system to determine automobile engine problems and suggested troubleshooting procedures
- Accomplished routine pre-emptive maintenance, increased effectiveness by 30%
- Scheduled and maintained records of vehicles and equipment, decreased retrieval time by 20%.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Car Dismantling
- General Maintenance
- Component Rebuilding
Ford Time Motors – Knoxville, NY
February 2015 – Present
- Perform routine and anticipatory maintenance and repair of vehicles and equipment.
- Clean and maintain vehicles.
- Order parts for vehicles.
- Troubleshoot and repair all types of problems.
- Schedule and maintain history records of all vehicles.
- Ensure all safety systems are in check before performing any procedure.
Central Birmingham University – (Mechanical Engineering Degree) (2003 – 2007)
***This is only the Auto Mechanic resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?