Here is a sample of payroll clerk resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a payroll clerk.
Payroll Clerk inputs data into time sheets, production records to computerized payroll system. Payroll Clerk is also responsible for federal production, balancing payroll runs, payments of government taxes, and answering employer questions and issues.
Payroll Clerk records the earnings of the company employee using computer and sees that employees are paid time to time so as not to affect speed rate of production. In offices where there are automated timekeeping systems, payroll numbers are already store in the computer.
Payroll Clerk can also pay the employers through electronic transfer fund and pay directly in employers’ bank account. They also keep records of salary deduction and sick leave etc and other wages. In a very large based business organisation, payroll clerk will have to carry out lots of task as related to his/her duties in other areas as well.
In these bonus and commission system may come. Payroll clerk is also known as bonus or commission clerk in this business. Payroll clerk is also responsible for creating, managing and rolling out the financial appropriation of employees in a company, per cut-off or pay period as well as book keep financial records pertaining to compensation and benefits.
The work of a clerk requires a background in accounting or skill in applied numbers and mathematics, as well as impeccable integrity and good moral character.
Key skills to look for a Payroll Clerk
- Some knowledge of the principles and basic time keeping entry practices.
- Ability to make technical arithmetic computations and tabulations rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to understand and interpret contracts or collective bargaining agreements and apply towards preparation of departmental payroll.
- Possesses knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, equipment and standard clerical techniques.
Payroll Clerk Resume Sample
[Street, City, Stаtе, Zip, Phone, Email Address]
Capable Payroll Specialist committed to keeping accurate records, ensuring on-time deposit and maintaining tax compliance. Possesses a natural knack for numerical accuracy and calculating balances, also offering over 10 years of experience an effective, analytical approach to identifying and solving complex problems.
- Employment tax knowledge
- Report Generation
- Payroll Software Expert
- Accurate and detailed-oriented
- Strong leader
- Self motivator
- Excellent communicator
SPEED PAYROLL SERVICES (Payroll Specialist) (2012 – Present)
- Complete payroll for over 60 account on weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly basis
- Manage multiple clients, projects, and improvement initiatives at once.
- Maintain employees banking information with accuracy and confidentiality.
- Review budgeting report.
AMBLE MANUFACTURING (Payroll Administrator) (2007 – 2012)
- Processed payroll for over 1,000 employees on bi-weekly payroll.
- Worked directly with HR to keep records updated.
- Prepare detailed report for management.
- Suggest procedural changes to improve workflow and efficiency of all specialists.
AMBLE MANUFACTURING (Junior Payroll Clerk) (2003 – 2007)
- Assisted payroll administrator with completing bi-weekly payroll.
- Researched employment tax laws to ensure company maintained compliance.
- Input new employee information into the system.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA (2006)
BACHELOR DEGREE IN ACCOUNTING
REFERENCE –Available upon Request
***This is only the Payroll Clerk resume/cv example that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Featured Image:Designed by Freepik
Want more samples?
- Accounting Clerk Resume Sample
- Professional Banking Resume Sample
- Professional Office Assistant Resume Sample