Here is a sample of chef resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a chef, and sous chef.
The chef is the “commander” in a food industry, a restaurant, or even in a simple kitchen. He orders his crew of cooks and makes sure that the quality of work is kept in order to produce quality food. A chef can be found working in restaurants, lunchrooms, cafeterias, hotels, and other places that need the preparation and service of food. But specifically speaking, a chef can have many objectives. His objectives may consist of: preparing foods that look good and taste even better; making sure that his work area is always sanitized and orderly; ensuring that all items are kept safe all the time; meeting the standards and requirements of the local health department regarding preparation and serving of foods.
A chef’s duty can differ depending on the size and type of company he works for. The title of chef can only be given to a person who has obtained the essential skills and knowledge from a culinary school. A person must certainly not confuse a cook with a chef because a chef had a professional training from a culinary school. A chef has been educated to prepare food of all kinds or types. Not only that he could cook food well, he can also serve up the food with style and art. He can embellish his food to amplify the food’s tastiness. The chef is educated of the best ways on how to prepare certain dishes and the best spices to put on them. A chef can specialize in preparing certain dishes such as vegetable, meat, or fish dishes. Chefs can work together in a single establishment wherein one chef can prepare a food based on his specialization. Normally, a smaller establishment would need only one or two chefs but a bigger establishment may require additional chefs.
Skills Required for Chef
- A keen interest in variety of food and cooking
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- The ability to work under pressure and alone
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- The ability to manage multiple tasks
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Creativity and imagination for food presentation
- Good management and organizational skills
- The ability to manage a budget.
If you need to make a powerful chef resume, then observe the chef resume sample below.
Professional Chef Resume Example
[Address and Contact Info]
Accomplished Executive chef with strong combination of culinary experience and management skills coupled with award-winning menu preparation background. Extensive preparation in food inventory planning, procurement and management on both national and international levels. Through familiarity with wide assortment of international cuisine. Background in providing exceptional regional leadership while directing multiple chain stores simultaneously.
- Restaurant Operation Management
- Award Winning Menu Creation
- Staff Training/Development
- Personal Oversight/Management
- Special Event Development
- International Culinary Experience
- Cost Containment
- Customer Service
- Quality Assurance
- Creating New Recipes
ABC MANAGEMENT, Wheaton, Illinois, (20xx – Present)
CHEF DE CUISINE
- Direct all cold food preparation and catering activities of an $11 million/year establishment. Played key role in the supervision of hot food and pastry departments, manage and train staff of 30 food preparation employees.
- Instrumental in achieving $1.4 million in gross sales revenues within one month (April 2005).
- Maintain cost under 22% while meeting of $13 million/year sales goals.
- Serve plated dinners for up to 1500 people and buffet dinners for up to 4000 people.
ABC CAFÉ, Wheaton, Illinois, (20xx – 20xx)
SOUS CHEF/GARDE MANGER
- Prepared meal at XXX luxury hotel that was named the third best resort in the United State by “Conde Nast Traveller” magazine. Directed and motivated 15 food preparation employees on behalf of resort’s full service gourmet restaurant. Oversaw meal readiness for breakfast, lunch and dinner and assisted Executive chef with every aspect of daily operations, including food/supply ordering and inventory control.
- Demonstrated continuous commitment to reducing food and labor cost.
- Trained employee in customer service and food preparation procedures in line with high-end establishment standards.
- Effectively expedited dinner service.
ABC RESTAURANT, BOSTON, MA (20xx – 20xx)
- Established menu and directed food preparation staff supervision, food inventory control and vendor negotiations.
- Catered multitude of formal affairs for up to 500 people.
- Helped to develop the culinary skills of junior chefs.
- Kept accurate paperwork and administrative records for each shift.
- Maintained general cleanliness of the kitchen and dining areas.
Birmingham North University (20xx – 20xx)
BA (Hons) Culinary Arts
REFERENCES –Available on Requests
***This is only the Chef resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search