Insurance Sales Resume Sample – An insurance salesperson is responsible for selling different insurance products and convincing customers about the significance and requirement of insurance coverage. This job also involves explaining customers about the advantage of insurance coverage.
Insurance sales representatives engage in multiple steps of the process, from cold calling potential new customers to interviewing prospective clients, to working with and following up with already established customers. Insurance sales agents must know their product inside out, as they must clearly explain it to potential customers, knowledgeably answer any questions, and make helpful suggestions as to which policy to select or any policy changes a customer should make. An Insurance sales agent career includes helping customers with the claim process.
Insurance sale agents may specialize in one specific type of insurance or sell a variety of insurance types, such as property, casualty, life, and health and long-term care.
Insurance Sales Resume Sample and Required Skills
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing An Insurance Sales Resume
If you want to work as an Insurance Agent, focus on the following.
- Being able to cultivate a customer base in business-to-consumer or business-to-business sales.
- Meeting and exceeding sales goals on a regular basis.
- Knowing how to use Microsoft Office programs.
- Using telemarketing to identify potential customers and make sales.
- Having comprehensive financial planning knowledge, such as retirement and estate planning.
- The insurance sales agents must get in touch with prospective customers as soon as they get the leads.
- Getting more information from consumers by asking questions.
- An insurance sales agent must be a good listener.
- It is mandatory for an insurance sales agent to listen to the queries and problems of customers in order to provide genuine solutions.
Insurance Sales Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone Email Address
Looking forward to a challenging & rewarding career in sales, where my knowledge flourishes and my skills are useful for organization. I emerged as hardworking sales & marketing professional and proved myself as an important part of the organization by achieving the given targets with confidence and positive attitude.
- Written and oral communication
- Being persuasive
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Dealing with huge budgets
- Being sincere and honorable
- Being thoughtful and ambitious
- Being positive and passionate
- Being encouraging and cordial
- Transmitting information
- Time management
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2015 – Present)
Insurance Sales Representative
- Advance personal plan for prospecting, selling and service work as well as coordinate with prospects.
- Formulate sales and activity reports to Division Manager.
- Handle customer inquiries with assistance from Customer Service team and establish payment methods.
- Design insurance programs to suit individual customers.
- Promote insurance policies to businesses and individuals.
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2007 – 2014)
Insurance Sales Representative
- Interviewed promising clients to gather data and advanced clientele.
- Educated about features, advantages, and disadvantages of various policies.
- Coordinated with the underwriter and submitted forms and assured fulfillment of policy requirements.
- Corresponded with clients to extract and impart information when claims are asked for.
- Executed supervisory tasks.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, 2008
Florida International University
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the insurance sales resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.