Here is a sample of computer engineer resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume format can be also utilized for a software engineer.
Computer engineers are the agents of change and innovation in computing. They improve our world by viewing problems in different facets of modern life as an inspiration and a call to action, persistently striving to push the boundaries and extend current day computing capabilities to come as close as possible to mimicking the human mind.
They embed computers in all things around us – from devices and objects to systems and processes. They look for ways to make computers faster, smaller and more versatile, adding capabilities to transfer huge amounts of data in seconds.
Computer engineers design and build crucial tech such as microprocessors – tiny chips that function as computers’ hearts, giving devices all of their computing functions.
Skills Required for Computer Engineer
Computer engineering is a very broad term and the set of skills can vary greatly from one occupation to another, depending on whether it is more related to hardware or software engineering. For any particular computer engineering job, employers seek out candidates with very specific skills and experience in dealing with very specific types of hardware and software.
General skills required for computer engineering jobs include:
- Critical thinking,
- The ability to multitask, and a high degree of adaptability to new systems,
- Tools and technologies.
- The ability to communicate technical information to clients in layman’s terms is another valued skill, especially with contractors, who deal with clients directly.
Computer Engineer Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Highly-skilled computer engineer with more than 6 years experiences in hardware and software engineering, with professional zeal to achieve excellence in meeting the company’s objectives.
- Problem-solving and logic
- Creativity and design skills
- Knowledge of emerging tech trends
- Collaboration and communication
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Math and analytical skills
- Computer hardware and software
- Operating Systems: Windows, Unix, Linux
- Database Systems: SQL Server, MySQL
- Certifications: CCNA, Unicenter Certified Engineer
- Solid management skills and analytical thinker
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2015 – Present)
Responsible for identifying and assigning tasks to approved projects. Also scheduled and coordinated all tasks with customers, engineers, and management. Represented the company at various meetings where the Service Request (Project) was discussed.
- Establish processes for redesigning and upgrading 286 computers to 486 computers by performing a market analysis. Determine cost savings of $1500 per computer by upgrading each existing computer as opposed to purchasing new computers and software.
- Train new Computer Engineers and technicians on processes.
- Develop and formulate a prioritizing system for identifying the existing priority of Service Requests and how the existing schedule will be impacted if another Service Request is added, for the same scheduled period.
- Assist with the design and maintenance of the network database.
ABC Co., Ltd., New York, NY (20XX – 20XX)
- Set up standard testing procedure to conduct functional, operational, and reliability of the products under a real dynamic Manufacturing Operational Environment.
- Adjusted, calibrated, aligned and modified components and records effects on unit performance to the cabinet, working closely with Quality Control to ensure all products are of the highest quality. -Troubleshooting and solving hardware and software problems such as Linux OS (CentOS, SuSE, and Red Hat) and Windows Server OS (W2K3/W2K8).
- Used log files to determine failures of each system.
- Supported production and engineering team for failure analysis of each rack-mount x86_64 brick servers.
MS, Computer Science, 1997
BS in Information Technology 1984
New York University
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the computer engineer resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Recommended >>> Computer Science Resume Sample
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search