Here is a sample of art director resume for getting hired – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a junior art director, freelance art director, top art director, and senior art director.
Art Director’s job to realize the Production Designer’s creative vision for all the sets and locations that eventually give productions their unique visual identity. They work on feature films, commercials and some types of television productions. On feature films, they act as project managers for art departments and are usually appointed by the Production Designer. They are responsible for the Assistant Art Director, the Draughtsmen (the term is used for both men and women), the Art Department Assistant(s), Graphic Designers, Storyboard Artists, Model Makers and all Construction personnel.
Job Duties that Art Directors Should Know Before Writing Their Resume
Art directors typically do the following:
- Determine how best to represent a concept visually.
- Determine which photographs, art, or other design elements to use.
- Develop the overall look or style of a publication, an advertising campaign, or a theater, television, or film set
- Supervise design staff.
- Review and approve designs, artwork, photography, and graphics developed by other staff members.
- Talk to clients to develop an artistic approach and style.
- Coordinate activities with other artistic and creative departments.
- Develop detailed budgets and timelines.
- Present designs to clients for approval.
Skills and Personal Qualities
An advertising art director should:
- Be highly creative.
- Have a thorough understanding of photography, typography and printing techniques.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work well as part of a team, with a range of people.
- Have excellent computer skills in relevant art and design software packages.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Be highly motivated and well organised.
- Have a good eye for detail.
- Be able to see other people’s point of view and cope.
Art Director Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone Email Address
Over ten years of experience as an art director with an in-depth knowledge in digital design and digital advertising, expert in planning/managing and carefully monitoring the process of both designing and filming a perfect advertisement in a timely manner.
XYZ Agency, Sometown, New York (2015 to Present)
- Manage budgets, creative deliverables and in-house and freelance teams to lead all phases of nationwide and international campaigns. Representative clients include Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, Mattel, Kellogg’s, 3M, State Farm and Dow Chemical.
- Lead teams in the development, design and production of sales-driving, brand-extending and cross-channel campaigns including print ads, television ads, product launches, brochures, advertorials, Web sites, banner ads, billboards, iPhone campaigns, logos, product packaging and more.
- Art-directed multimedia campaigns and collateral that captured prestigious national awards, rave client reviews and strong business results, including.
- Product launches exceeding sales goals by up to 150% ($14.5M growth).
- Rebranding initiatives elevating client from #5 to #2 market share nationwide.
- Site redesigns propelling traffic and e-commerce sales increases of up to 18% and 25%, respectively.
- Direct-mail and opt-in campaigns securing response rates of up to 15%.
- Working on different designs with the aim of producing awesomely creative advertising campaigns.
- Discussing scripts with the copywriters; presenting ideas to the clients and making changes in the scripts suiting their requirements.
- Planning, designing, implementing and expanding on a number of already existing brands in order to raise the standard and build solid image.
- Providing preliminary sketches to the animation artists.
- Developing the overall approaches or visual aspects of advertising campaigns and publications.
- Managing vendor relationships and co-ordinating with them.
- Editing the final outcome for presentation to clients.
- Hiring artists and photographers.
- Co-ordinating activities with other creative departments.
- Delivering projects within the approved budget.
- Developing budget details and timelines.
- Instructing other staff to bring changes in layouts so that the clients’ desired messages are conveyed properly to the target customers.
BC UNIVERSITY, Some Town, Rhode Island, (BA in Graphic Design) – 2008
***This is only the art director resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Featured Image: Designed by Freepik
Want more samples?