Here is a sample of accounting clerk resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an accounting clerk.
Account clerk is someone who performs accounting and clerical activities and also responsible for reviewing and maintaining accounting records. Ensures files are complete and must be kept intact as they may be needed for further reference.
Handles accounts payable duties, and assists accounting personnel. They enter balances and calculate bank figures, interest on loans and credit accounts using accounting spreadsheets which are stored in the organization database. They also review invoices and reconcile account statements, investigate any discrepancies and generate financial statement to the management board.
Accounting Clerks work for all different types of businesses, and their tasks tend to be more specialized with larger companies that employ large accounting departments. specific tasks carried out by accounting clerk may include such things as posting debits and credits, producing financial statements, preparing reports for management, handling payroll, and making purchases.
Larger companies often tend to have accounting departments which employ accounting clerks. Although these individuals perform very similar functions as bookkeeping clerks, they typically have more specific tasks and their job titles (e.g., accounts receivable clerk, accounts payable clerk) reflect the specific kind of work they do in their department.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing An Accounting Clerk Resume
- Should have Ability to maintain general ledgers
- Must have high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must Possess excellent communication skills both oral and written
- should have good Computing skills, including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs
- Good in mathematics and Statistics
- Capable of problem solving
- Should be experience in payment processing
Accounting Clerk Resume Sample
[Street, City, Stаtе, Ziр] | [Phоnе] [Emаil Addrеѕѕ]
Self-motivated account receivable Clerk offering a strong work and determination to complete task in a timely manner, talented and accomplished finance professional with background in Accounting and Financial Management and have Proven ability to oversee all corporate financial operations. Adapt at budgeting, forecasting, business analysis, risk management and general business operations.
November 2010– To Present
JC PENNEY (Account Receivable Clerk)
- Enter customers payments into the system on a daily basis
- Track all money received and prepare deposits
- Strategically developed innovative order process and procedure that has been adopted by company and remain in use to date.
- Process bi-weekly payrolls for over 100 employees.
- Demonstrate dynamic leadership skills in training and directing team members.
- Communicate extensively with employees, customers and bank representatives
- Consistently maintained accuracy in calculating figures and amounts such as
- Resolve incidents of insufficient funds and stale-dated payroll check
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive database system involving a complex conversion from Q&A to access, currently being utilized by the company.
- Acknowledge for successful training co-workers and state name to make a smooth transition to new computerized system
May 2006 – August 2010
BOSCOV’S (Account receivable clerk)
- Successfully managed files to ensure approval of vouchers, acquired status of approval request, and forwarded vouchers to accounts payable daily
- Recognized as a primary point of contact on Web-based travel reimbursement processes. Assessed reimbursements for accuracy and verified appropriate funding availability.
- Evaluated vendor invoices and settled all unpaid invoices.
- Using Advance technology to analyze records
- Managed the accurate and timely processing of up to 20,000 invoices ($1M) per month for large, multi-site organisation.
B.A in Accounting and Financial Management, University of Birmingham, 2001 – 2006
REFERENCE – Available on Request
***This is only the Accounting Clerk resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Top 16 Resume Examples for Finance and Accounting Industry
- Payroll Clerk Resume Sample and Writing Tips
- Best Sample Job Descriptions by 20 Industries