Physician assistant job description sample, including tasks, skills, and responsibilities to edit to attract top candidates for your business.
A physician assistant or doctor’s assistant is a medical worker who lends the help of doctors to the diagnosis and management of patients. Although the medical assistants and doctors have similar tasks, but there is a significant difference in the fact that the doctor works completely independently without supervision. However, the physician assistant is always supervised by a doctor and does not take medical decisions without medical supervision.
Physician assistants (PAs) practice medicine under the guidance of doctors and surgeons. They are formally trained to examine patients, diagnose injuries and diseases, and provide treatment.
As Health Care Team members, healthcare professionals receive medical records, research and treat patients, organize and interpret laboratory tests and X-rays, diagnose and prescribe drugs. They also treat minor injuries with stitching, splinting, and casting. PAs record progress, instruct and advise patients and organize or provide treatment.
Work Condition: Physicians ‘assistants work in doctors’ offices, hospitals and other health care practices: The family medicine, Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics / Gynecology, General Surgery, Oncology, Psychiatry / mental health. Most work full time.
Medical assistants are formally educated to examine patients, diagnose injuries and diseases, and provide treatment. Usually an accredited educational program master’s degree is compulsory.
In general, two years of full-time postgraduate education are required to earn a degree. Most applicants for medical auxiliary education programs already have a baccalaureate degree and some work experience in healthcare.
Higher education programs include classroom and laboratory teaching in the field of science subjects.
Other essential skills:
Health promotion and care, attention to detail, clinical skills, informing others, medical cooperation, physiological knowledge, infection control, medication administration, pain management, self-improvement
Physician Assistant responsibilities:
- Facilitates the effectiveness of a doctor by identifying short-term and far-reaching patient care issues that need to be addressed; submission of information and comments related to discussions; indicative options and lines of action; doctor’s instructions.
- Assess the patient’s health by questioning patients; physical examination; getting medical history, updating and learning.
- Determines abnormal conditions by organizing or ordering diagnostic tests such as X-rays, electrocardiogram and laboratory tests; interpretation of test results.
- Document patient care services by compiling patient and department records.
- Carries out treatments by administering injections and immunizations; a seam; wounds and infections.
- Manages and advises patients by describing treatment regimens; providing normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; counseling emotional issues in everyday life; promoting well-being and maintaining health.
- Provides continuity in maintenance by developing and implementing patient care plans.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by following procedures, rules and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees from complying with anti-infection rules and protocols.
- Complies with federal, national, and local laws and professional requirements, examining existing and emerging legislation; prevention of future legislation; ensuring compliance; advice on the management of necessary measures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by participating in workshops; review of professional publications; creation of personal networks; participation in professional associations.
- Works for healthcare workers by providing information, educational opportunities and experiential growth opportunities.
- Contributes to teamwork by delivering relevant results as needed.