Here is a sample of professional office assistant resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an office assistant, office clerk , office staff, and admin executive.
Office assistants’ job duties usually include tasks like typing, filing, taking inventory, keeping records and sorting checks. They may also prepare documents, process mail and answer telephones. They can seek employment in specialized fields that match their interests, such as education, finance, law, medicine, technology and government. Industry-specific training may be necessary for advancement or initial employment in a targeted field.
Job Duties of Office Assistant
Some office assistants perform data entry and payroll tracking. Assistants might also work with salespeople, deal with customer complaints and answer questions about business services. While office assistants may perform many of the same job duties on a daily basis, some responsibilities can change from day to day according to the needs of the employer.
Most office assistant jobs entail using a variety of office equipment, such as fax machines, printers and copiers, as well as computers and business software. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, office assistants and secretaries are increasingly required to continue their education or take courses in technology as new advancements and office procedures evolve.
Office assistants’ duties and levels of responsibility can be dictated by their work experience. Entry-level assistants may not be expected to make independent decisions and might only follow predefined procedures. Office assistants in supervisory positions, on the other hand, make many decisions. Supervisor duties often include training and evaluating entry-level staff, planning schedules and assigning work for office personnel. Office assistant supervisors could have other responsibilities, like updating office methods and work procedures.
Office Assistant Resume Example
Address / Contact Info
This is the first level in the Office Assistant job family. Incumbents in this classification perform a wide variety of responsible office support and administrative functions in support of the assigned college program, service or department. The Office Assistant I position requires proficiency in the full range of general office services and functions as well as knowledge of the services of their department and work assignment.
Go Gourmet, Miami, FLY (September 2012 – Date)
- Prepare and mail out invoices daily
- Organize and track purchase orders
- Assist with processing payments
- Handle delivery queries
- Liaise with customers and suppliers
- Create and maintain customer databases
- Prepare correspondence, memos and quotes
- Send out email marketing campaigns
- Receive and assist customers and visitors
- Assist with the organization of promotions and events
Front Office Assistant
Bern Global, Miami FLOY (October 2009 – July 2012)
- Conducted full front office reception duties
- Operated multi-line telephone system
- Answered, screened and routed all incoming calls
- Scheduled appointments and meetings
- Co-ordinated conference and meeting rooms
- Organized catering for meetings
- Performed administrative duties including faxing, filing and managing incoming and outgoing mail
- Prepared correspondence
- Maintained filing systems
- Managed office equipment maintenance
- Maintained office supply inventory
- Data entry and management
- Typing skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and procedures
- Ms word
- Ms excel
- Ms powerpoint
- MS Outlook
- Corel Draw
ABC High School, (High School Diploma) 2009
REFERENCES – Available on request.
***This is only the Office assistant resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Administrative / Support Resumes
- Entry level office assistant resume sample
- Office assistant cover letter sample
- Office assistant job description
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search