Here is a sample of banking resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume format can be also utilized for a banking operations, personal banker and bank teller.
Bankers deal with financial matters for individuals as well as companies. Their corporate clients range from small and medium sized companies to huge conglomerates. They offer financial savings services, loans and credit, trade finance (such as letters of credit), and employer services (such as payroll). Their responsibilities include meeting with corporate and personal customers to discuss their financial issues as well as give sound and appropriate financial advice.
Bankers are also responsible for mergers, acquisitions, and capital markets. They prepare lending agreements, promote the bank’s services, and do administrative tasks such as planning, writing reports and managing projects. A career in banking provides high levels of responsibility, good promotional prospects and impressive financial rewards for the most successful employees. However, long hours of work and high levels of stress are common. Regular travel, absence from home overnight and overseas work may also be required for senior level positions.
Banking Skills for Resume
- Analytical ability
- Numeracy skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, manage time and work under pressure
- Willingness to work long and unsocial hours
Professional Banking Resume Example
[Street, City, Stаtе, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Professional with more than 15 years experience in a management capacity within the banking industry, including branch management and IT technical support. Management experience includes total profit and loss responsibility, budget preparation, controlling expenditures, increasing sales, improving team performance, all activities of personnel supervision and management, insuring compliance with policies and established practices, interpreting regulations, developing excellent customer rapport, resolving problems, and project management activities.
City Bank of Houston, Texas, 1998 – Present
Assistant Vice President – Bank Branch Manager
Manage all operations and maintain total profit and loss responsibility for a branch office with supervision over seventeen employees.
- Created a highly cohesive working environment by introducing interactive staff meetings where each employee was responsible for conducting a five to ten minute presentation on branch products in conjunction with a written report.
- Planned the interior design of the branch
- Established a display in the lobby to exhibit the work of local artists and worked to accommodate different customers’ tastes, thereby creating interest and raising the profile of the bank
Morgan Bank, Austin, Texas, 1995 – 1998
- Supported front-end software processes for 120 branches and several thousand end-users.
- Automated and updated bank programs to reflect new account services, as well as branch openings and closings.
- Managed the set-up of all computer systems, peripherals, and furniture for eight new branch openings.
- Initiated and developed written procedures for establishing computer systems and related equipment.
Morgan Bank, Austin, Texas,1981 – 1995
Supervisor / Manager
- Coordinated and directed the activities of up to five departments, including data entry, computer operations, check / sort operations, customer balancing, and distribution. Supervised approximately 15 employees.
First Union Bank, Kensey, CA, 1981 – 1981
Customer Service Representative
First Northern Bank, Wellingford, CA, 1979 – 1980
AUSTIN COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Austin, Texas (1985)
Completed coursework in Business Administration and Computer Science
LUZERNE COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Nanticoke, Pennsylvania (1981)
Completed coursework in Principles of Bank Operations and Psychology
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the banking resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?