Here is a sample of network engineer resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a senior network engineer, network engineer, telecom network engineer, junior network engineer, and entry level network engineer.
Guides for You
- Network Programmability and Automation: Skills for the Next-Generation Network Engineer
- Python Scripting for Network Engineers: Realizing Network Automation for Reliable Networks
Duties will be influenced by the size and sector of the employing organisation. For example, in a large investment bank you may have specific responsibility for one area of the system. In a small company, the engineer may need to trouble-shoot for any IT-related problem that arises.
General Tasks Include
- Establishing the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards;
- The design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment;
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimisation;
- Undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiplesources;
- Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access;
- The support and administration of firewall environments in line with it security policy;
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organisations;
- Reporting network operational status by gathering and prioritising information and managing projects;
- Upgrading data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases;
- The configuration of routing and switching equipment;
- The configuration of hosted ip voice services;
- The basic configuration of firewalls;
- Remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation;
- Remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation;
- Capacity management and audit of ipad dressing and hosteddevices within data centres;
- Liaising with project management teams, third-line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis;
- Speaking with customers via email and phone for initial requirement capture.
Skills Required for Network Engineer
- Network Administration
- Cisco Routers
- MicrosoftOffice Suite
- Active Directory
- Customer Service
- TCP/IP Protocol
- Server Hardware
- Windows 7
- Windows Server
- Network Security
- Microsoft Exchange
Network Engineer Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [EmailAddress]
A strong collaborator and creative problem solver who possess a demonstrated background in the implementation and maintenance of VoIP networks. She is an expert at anticipating and mitigating potential failures, and has extensive experience of route cause analysis, fault isolation and firewall configuration. Possessing excellent client facing skills and superb attention to details means that she can follow complex technical instructions to not only troubleshoot problems but also keep end users happy. During her career she has worked in both multinational and multicultural environments and is someone who always has a professional and well-groomed appearance.Right now she would like to work for a company that is committed to helping their staff reach their professional, personal and financial goals.
Network Engineer – January (2016 – present)
Responsible for the installation, support and management of network technologies operating in 24×7 business environments.
- Identifying, diagnosing, and resolving network problems.
- Tactfully handling irate endusers.
- Performing complex implementation and maintenance tasks onthe LAN and WAN.
- Providing daily operational support and system administration for core network infrastructure.
- Writing up accurate technical documentation.
- Assisting with project scope development.
- Configuring LAN, WAN, Wireless and edge security equipment.
- Supporting windows desktop technologies.
- Working on large scale, publicly facing websites.
- Monitoring network performance.
- Involving in developing Networking standards, procedures and documentation.
- Configuring Cisco Routers, Switches, and Firewalls. .
- Participating in 24×7 on-callrotations.
- Ensuring that service level agreements are met.
- Managing network infrastructure.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proactive in assessing and making recommendations for improvement.
- Able to mentor junior personnel.
- Willing totravelbased on assigned project demands.
- Experience with VoIP technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 suite.
- Accurate documentation skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of networking concepts.
- Coordinating upgrade schedules.
- Service interruption recovery.
- Evaluating new software and hardware technologies.
Central ABCD University – Engineering Degree (2003 – 2007)
REFERENCES – Available on request.
***This is only the network engineer resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Sample Network Engineer Job Description
- Entry Level Network Administrator Resume Sample
- IT Engineering Manager Resume Sample
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search