Here is a sample of IT engineering manager resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an engineering manager, software engineering manager, data engineering manager, mobile engineering manager, engineering project management, and mechanical manager.
The job of an IT Engineering Manager in an organization include operating, planning, installing, implementing and maintaining systems software applications, hardware and Information Technology infrastructure. IT Engineering Managers are also responsible for performing cost and functional analysis, and derive studies to ascertain the right allocation of resources. They are tasked to oversee the monitoring and testing of systems performance and applications; manage the lifecycle of project deployment, establish requirements, provide research solutions, design systems, support testing and oversee live implementation.
IT Engineering Managers duties also include installing and implementing new servers, programs, hardware, modules, and network equipment when an upgrade is necessary to improve resources or increase compatibility; developing software tools, applications and program snippets that support reusable components; managing of supplier contracts, upgrades and maintenance agreements. They to evaluate product and customer requirements to establish total systems solutions within the timelines and cost of project; coordinate team’s activities with IT organizations; handle routine maintenance and troubleshoot unexpected problems.
As an IT Engineering Manager, you will provide assistance and process improvement initiative through systems planning and business information analysis; support customers and staff with systems malfunctions or software programming problems. You should possess the ability to identify and resolve issues as well as handling escalation and communicate to the organization’s management.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing An IT Engineering Manager Resume
- A good understanding of digital and small signal analog electronics.
- A very good understanding of Boolean math (logic).
- Ability to debug multi-tasking code.
- A good understanding of DMA (Direct Memory Access), and how to implement it Ability to read and understand schematics.
- Ability to effectively use a Volt/Ohm meter and an Oscilloscope.
- The ability to read and understand datasheets, and produce driver code for a given device using the information on the datasheet.
- Ability to perform at least basic electronics debugging/troubleshooting.
- Understanding the advantages & disadvantages of using a foreground loop with interrupts and using a multi-tasking kernel.
- Competency in at least one assembly language.
- Proficiency in ‘C’ programming language.
IT Engineering Manager Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip, Phone, Email]
Inspiring IT Engineering Manager possessing over ten years’ experience overseeing daily planning and execution of engineering IT activities. A determined and committed individual with wide knowledge in the design and development of software application, works diligently to ensure designed hardware and software are installed to meet project goals and requirements. Excellent leadership ability in leading and directing project operations to ensure optimal productivity is achieved.
Core Skills and Competencies
- A good understanding of microprocessor internals.
- Remarkable experience with MS system development and configuration.
- Ability to use a debugger to perform simple operations such as setting breakpoints, single stepping and examining variable values.
- Familiar with centralized directories network protocols and infrastructures.
- Substantial experience motivating and assisting IT teams to achieve objectives.
- Working with hexadecimal numbers and hexadecimal math.
- Solid knowledge of engineering principles and procedures.
- How to develop and debug code with stacks, queues, linked-lists, and other common data constructs.
- Ability to identify and resolve engineering issues.
- Impressive internal and external communications skills.
Daren Solutions Detroit, Michigan (2010 – Present)
IT Engineering Manager
- Develop tested and implement system programs.
- Prepare status reports on all ongoing projects to ensure efficiency.
- Monitor system performance and implement updates as required.
- Recommend software and hardware purchases and upgrades.
- Install and maintain engineering systems.
- Select hardware and software required for the design of engineering systems.
- Resolve project issues in a timely and efficient manner.
XYZ Systems, Detroit, Michigan (2001 – 2010)
Associate IT Engineering Manager
- Provided technical support to various engineering programs and projects.
- Monitored security networks and identified platform issues.
- Monitored system operations and recommended software updates.
- Maintained and updated backup recovery systems.
Education and Qualification
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, University of Detroit, Michigan 1995 – 1999
***This is only the IT engineering manager resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Top 46 Resume Examples for IT/ Technology Industry
- Production Manager Job Description Sample
- Product Manager Job Description Sample