Here is a sample of lab technician resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a microbiology lab technician, lab technician, biochemistry lab technician, and senior laboratory technician.
Laboratory technicians conduct tests on samples of them. Samples of blood, urine, stool, sputum, etc., in the case of biopsies, tissue samples from the affected area are available. They have access to many chemicals and modern amenities that help determine the results of the sample. Almost all diseases in the world were discovered through these laboratory tests. So, their work is extremely important in the fight against the disease.
Laboratory technicians are exposed to hazardous materials. Therefore, they should maintain hygiene and should always wear protective equipment that is not injured in any way. They must also be careful when handling samples. If these patterns fall or somehow lost, the patient will have to take another sample. This can be painful if the sample has lost tissue or blood. Therefore, they must strictly follow the duty to handle the samples listed in a laboratory technician description carefully.
Conclusions must be countersigned by the department head. Laboratory technicians have to be one hundred percent sure outcome of what he did. If the sample is inadequate, may ask the patient to provide more samples. Results will be published in the report and should be given to the patient or his relative. Confidentiality of reports must be maintained by them.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Lab Technician Resume
- Test samples of the patient as directed by a doctor.
- Ensure that the sample is enough, or may require the patient to provide more.
- Ability to take a sample of the patient from the tissue, blood or skin.
- Carry out the necessary tests and print their conclusions in the report,
- Must show report to lab tech in charge and get his signature on it.
- Laboratory technicians must know how to use all the modern facilities in the laboratory properly.
- Laboratory technicians should also keep a list of all chemicals used in the lab.
- Laboratory technicians must follow all safety precautions because it could be dangerous for the processing of patient samples.
- They have to do all the reports and send them to be issued.
Lab Technician Resume Sample
Earl M. Thomas
[Street, City, Stаtе, Ziр] | [Phоnе] [Emаil Addrеѕѕ]
Very focused and disciplined techniques with practical experience of over 8 years in the laboratory. Well versed in the implementation of laboratory tests to determine reliable results in support of medical research. Hands on experience in coordinating the preparation of culture and chemicals for testing. Experienced in the construction and maintenance of laboratory equipment to perform specialized laboratory testing and information documentation of diagnostic tests to be used as aids for future reference.
Summary of Skills:
- Experienced technical, clinical laboratory.
- Adept in the organization and management of microbiological processes.
- Ability to analyze and interpret test results.
- Ability to collect, manage and perform tests on tissues and blood.
- Ability to maintain inventory of laboratory supplies.
- Comfortable in the work of sophisticated laboratory equipment.
- Knowledge of FDA regulations on health.
- Excellent opportunities documentation and chemical techniques.
ABC General Hospital, Hollywood, FL
(October 2012 – Present)
- Collecting and analyzing samples of blood, tissue and body fluids.
- Testing and detecting of bacteria and parasites.
- Using specialized and automated testing tools.
- Establish and monitor programs to ensure the accuracy of data.
- Combining blood transfusion.
- Analyzing samples of toxic ingredients.
- Operating and calibrating equipment.
- Developing, documenting, and sending the test results to doctors.
XYZ General Hospital, New York City, NY
(May 2007 – September 2012)
- Gathered morphology, discussed and determined in blood samples.
- Classified samples, marked and registered and verified.
- Provided timely reports of doctor’s interest.
- Identified and transferred abnormalities in blood samples to doctors.
- Operated Toxicology Instruments and identification of the presence of toxic chemicals in blood samples.
- Maintained the trust of patients by maintaining confidential test reports.
- Ensured all applications was in accordance with the rules and health standards.
Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology
University of New York, New York City, NY
References: Available on request.
***This is only the Lab Technician resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Pharmacy Technician Job Description Sample
- Lab Technician Job Description Sample
- Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample Required Skills