Here is a sample of special education teacher resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a special education teacher, and special education assistant.
A special education teacher functions as a full-time professional who has to complete various assignments in order to successfully teach special or regular subjects to students in state mental health, detention, educational or correctional facilities. The job demands them to cater to the specific special needs of a group of students and address their needs while successfully imparting education. The teacher is given considerable freedom to take his or her decisions while teaching in order to successfully teach the students.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Special Education Teacher Resume
Apart from the basic qualification needed to become a licensed special education teacher, one must possess a different set of non-academic skills such as the ones listed below.
- One must be good at handling stress as this is a very stressful job.
- One has to be a good problem solver and should not crumble in pressure situations.
- One has to be able to adapt quickly to the demands of the job and must be creative.
- One has to have good communicative skills (both verbal and oral) as teaching depends on good communication.
- Be flexible and creative in order to handle difficulties faced by children and deal with their changing moods.
- Have strong interpersonal skills to communicate with students, parents, school psychologists, physical therapists, social workers and other teachers.
- Be able to develop individualized lesson plan that addresses a student’s learning needs and the schools’ curricular requirements
- Have organizational skills.
- Must have immense patience to work towards helping the children achieve their maximum potential.
Special Education Teacher Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
An enthusiastic, caring and detail-oriented special education teacher with 10 years of experience in working with children having disabilities. Possessing extensive knowledge of modifying general school curriculum to suit the needs of special children and collaborating with teachers and other community helpers and willing to make a contribution to the society in my own small way.
- Organizational and planning skills
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Judgment and decision-making
- Creative thinking
- Conflict management and resolution
- Appreciation of diversity
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2015 – Present)
Special Education Teacher
- Participating in different professional development workshops, seminars and conferences focused on how to teach children having different disabilities.
- Teaching one or more of these subjects: English, Social Science, Art, Music etc. to emotionally-disturbed students in grades one to eight.
- Teaching physically and mentally disabled students aged between 3 and 5.
- Providing instructions to children in whole groups, small groups and one-on-one to suit different academic levels.
- Implementing various special education skills.
- Consulting parents, administrators, fellow teachers, school psychologists and taking their suggestions while developing individualized education programs.
- Bringing necessary changes in the curriculum keeping in mind the educational goals of the school.
- Grading and providing reviews of homework, projects, quizzes and pre-scheduled tests for each student.
- Providing emotional and physical support to students in their school activities.
Masters Degree in Special Education, 2007
University of Ohio Ohio
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the special education teacher resume example that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Education Teacher Job Description
- Art Teacher Job Description Sample
- Music Teacher Job Description Sample