Here is a sample of quality engineer resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a quality engineer, entry level quality engineer, process quality engineer, fabrication quality engineer, and sheet metal quality engineer.
Quality Engineers monitor and audit the quality of all manufactured goods in a variety of industries, including the automobile, textile, clothing, food, and electronics industries. They work to not only find defects, but also to find the cause of the defect and develop a solution. Relevant education is available at the associate through master’s degree levels, and industry certifications can boost career options.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY OF QA ENGINEER
- Create QA plan; Include complex electronics assurance
- Review subsystem requirements for proper decomposition from system requirements
- Review design to verify requirements implemented, good engineering design practices followed
- Assess implementation against the requirements and design
- Ensure development and supporting processes are in place and followed
- Review choice of parts; Provide guidance on preferred parts
- Ensure electronics are assembled/manufactured to acceptable standards
- Perform or witness testing at various system and subsystem levels
- Ensure all requirements are adequately verified
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Quality Engineer Resume
- SQA Testing & Methodologies
- Test Plans, Cases & Processes
- Functional Requirements
- Scripting & Documentation
- Regression & Negative Testing
- UI & Compatibility Testing
- Data Interface & Migration Testing
- Performance/Load/Stress Testing
- Testing Automation
- Defect/Bug Tracking
- Test Strategies & Coverages
- QA & QC Standards
Quality Engineer Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Highly seasoned and accomplished Software QA Engineer with deep and broad proficiency in all types of corporate software. Strong and accessible teacher and presenter of difficult and complicated material to a variety of professional and non-professional audiences. Able to function well independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent grasp of standard quality assurance methodologies
- trong breadth of experience in software quality assurance
- Superior abilities in code testing and debugging software development
- High expertise in software enhancement to maximize product functionality and efficiency
- Exceptional facility with VB.NET DHTML JAVA C# SQL SSH XML Ruby and Perl
- Outstanding skills in preparing and presenting clear and concise quality assurance briefing materials
- Sound debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Good analytical and technical skills
- Testing Tools: QuickTest Pro, LoadRunner, Test Director, Visual Source Safe, Visual Intercept, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Case, Clear Quest, Visio, PVCS Tracker
- Platforms: Windows XP/2000/NT, Linux, UNIX
- Languages: SQL, XML, HTML, DHTML, C, C++, ASP, Java, J2EE, Visual Basic
- Web Servers: WebSphere, WebLogic
- Software: Microsoft office Suite, MS Project
ABC COMPANY — Sometown, NJ (2015-Present)
Perform system, unit, acceptance, regression, load and functional/performance testing on dozens of applications using both automated and manual testing methods. Leverage knowledge of object-oriented programming to help validate, verify, communicate and resolve software issues through careful, thoroughly documented testing to maximize return on investment (ROI) for IT initiatives.
- Excelled in finding, documenting and reporting bugs, errors, interoperability flaws and other issues within proprietary software applications developed for ABC Company’s global user base.
- Demonstrated methodical, detail-oriented and thorough approach to all assignments while adhering to compressed timelines. Complete all assignments on or ahead of schedule.
- Consistently recognized for excellent problem-solving and analytical skills by programmers, project managers and supervisors.
ABJK COMPANY, PETALUMA, CA (2005-2010)
- Helped develop UNIX and VB scripts for testing. Documented complete software testing process.
- Interacted with developers, system engineers, and testing teams to identify applications defects.
ABC UNIVERSITY — Sometown, GA (2002)
BS in Computer Science
***This is only the quality engineer resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Sample Quality Engineer Job Description
- Industrial Engineer Job Description Sample
- Process Engineer Job Description Sample