Here is a sample of technical support resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an entry level technical support, Linux technical support, technical support executive, technical support engineer, service-now technical support, broadband technical support, and call center technical support.
Guides for You
- A+ Guide to IT Technical Support (Hardware and Software)
- Technical Support Essentials: Advice You Can Use to Succeed in Technical Support
- How To Land A Tech Job: Insider Advice on Landing a Job at Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Google, or Any Tech Company
A Technical Support (often abbreviated to tech support) refers to a number of services that companies provide assistance to users of technology products such as mobile phones, televisions, computers, software or other computer equipment, electronic or mechanical. In general, technical support services address specific problems with a product or service. Most companies offer technical support for the products they sell, whether free or paid. Support can be delivered via e-mail, live support software on the website or tool in which users can connect to the call or incident. Large organizations often have internal technical support available for their staff for computer related problems. The web can be a good source freely available tech support, where experienced users to help learners find solutions to their problems
Skills Required for Technical Support
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Superior communication (oral and written), customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Independent player and team player if necessary.
- MS Office skills and knowledge of software for tracking.
- The ability to multi-task and priorities effectively.
- Poised and patient when dealing with customers.
Technical Support Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip, Phone, Email]
Specialist methodological technical, precise and systematic that provides the skills to assess the potential of the system, testing of new programs and the integration of the STS system. 7+ years of experience in providing unparalleled technical support.
- Metric Analysis
- System Configuration
- Mac OS and Windows software
- Management Linux
- Programming problems and resolutions
- Program Management SQL
- RMC management and office management support
- Maintenance plans Software
- Data files Software
- Helping customers about technical problems with our additives.
- Answer questions from customers and potential customers about the features and capabilities of our widget.
- Communicate Needs of customers with our engineering staff.
- Troubleshooting Internet protocols, such as SSH, FTP, SFTP and HTTP
- The use of diagnostic tools such as Trace Route
- Configure and start the server
- Functional and technical support, troubleshooting, and hardware and software troubleshooting
- Deployment and configuration of computers, workstations, and laptops.
- Configuration And Outlook support.
ABC Communications, MN
Technical Support Specialist (Feb 2012 – Present)
- Implement software tickets at Sys-Aid, which has reduced more than 50% of customer complaints to detect and prevent failures in the proactive system.
- Update 50 + computers manually to Windows 8, as well as the company’s request.
- Keep fully updated with new software goods issued by the company and sell out most to every calling potential clients and help them set up and use the product as possible.
- Provide users an effective business consulting – answer phone calls, emails and live applications.
- Install, configure and test PC client software analyzed the functionality of the device accessories.
DEF Communications, Kansas City, KS
Technical Support Representative (July 2008 – Nov. 2011)
- Worked with the staff of the company to optimize the working environment and customer service.
- Trained staff in the sales department and a guide to help customers choose the right product.
- Collected data through telephone calls from customers to identify and report problems with the product.
- Maintained accounts and made reports measurements, mass data management and verification of processed requests, questions, customers problems, API management platform social networks
B.S. Degree in Computer and Information Technology 2007
University of Ohio
REFERENCES – Available on request.
***This is only the technical support resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples? See below.
- Sample Technical Support Interview Questions and Answers
- Sample Technical Support Job Description
- Entry Level Technical Support Resume Sample
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search