Here is a sample of test engineer resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a software testing, testing engineer, electrical testing engineer, QA automation engineer, test analyst
software testing, and linked-in summary.
A test engineer’s job duties include planning, designing, and evaluating products, as well as collaborating with production management. The test engineer makes sure that the finished product can be identified easily and tested thoroughly. Testing returned units, collecting data, and analyzing patterns are also among the test engineer’s duties.Schools offering Engineering Technology degrees can also be found in these popular choices.
Some Responsibilities That Test Engineers Should Know Before Writing Their Resume
- Go through the software requirements and get clarifications on one’s doubts (learn using my video on Requirement Analysis)
- Become familiar with the software under test and any other software related to it
- Understand the master test plan and/ or the project plan
- Create or assist in creating own test plan
- Generate test cases based on the requirements and other documents
- Procure or create test data required for testing
- Set up the required test beds (hardware, software and network)
- Create or assist in creating assigned test automation
- Test software releases by executing assigned tests (manual and/ or automated)
- Report defects (usually in a defect database) to the stakeholders
- Create test logs
- Report test results to the stakeholders
- Reply to returned bug reports (for example, when a bug report is returned as not reproducible)
- Re-test resolved defects
- Update test cases based on the discovered defects
- Update test automation based on the updated test cases
- Provide inputs to the team in order to improve the test process
- Log own time in the project management software or time tracking system
Test Engineer Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Dedicated QA professional offering extensive technical experience in developing QA test automation tools and executing QA engineering procedures using latest quality techniques in test automation procedure.
- Operating Systems: Unix/Linux.
- Software Languages: Perl, Tcl/Tk and Python.
- Designing of test plans/scenarios and test cases.
- Readingengineering schematics.
- Development of QA test engineering procedures.
- XLST/HTML/XPATH/JAVA, Ruby/Python/Perl
Report tool: Crystal Report
Objective: Seeking position as QA test engineer to utilize over eight years’ experience in testing technical products to ensure proper functionality before introduction of product to market.
ABCD Technologies Inc., New York, NY (20010 – Present)
QA Test Engineer
- Worked in coordination with engineering departments to create and maintain automated verification tests.
- Worked with test management in making reports, compiling metrics; produced reports on estimated dependencies, confidence levels, and time intervals.
- QA Test Cases, Plans & Execution.
- Performed risk assessment and research by closely monitoring test cases.
- Prepared Quality Assurance test plans, budgets and schedules.
- Identified, fixed, and scrupulously documented system bugs.
- Researched and documented details of errors in report-process immediately upon discovering problems.
- Ensured version control of all test objects developed and QA test environments used – Updated QA test execution status as a part of routine test status updates.
- Ensured optimum quality control of products – Prepared evaluation of software requirements, specifications, user documentation, help files and other related documentation of project.
- Supervised newly hired staff members – Guided and trained junior test engineers and technicians assigned to QA test automation engineers.
ABCD University, Boston, MA (1996 – 2000)
BS, Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
***This is only the test engineer resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?