Here is a sample of computer operator resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a computer operator, mainframe computer operator, computer scientist, and computer analyst.
A Computer operator is an individual who works with computers on a daily basis and partakes in a number of activities relative to such operation. These individuals will have varying duties depending on their specific job title and place of employment. In general, computer operators enter data, aid in fixing computer problems and supervise others working in the computer department.
General Responsibilities for a Computer Operator
Computer operators will find themselves holding a number of responsibilities in their job position. Some of these responsibilities include operating various computer systems, fixing problems that may arise, contacting those who can remedy computer problems when unable to do so and tracking computer operations on a daily basis. These responsibilities may vary in nature and some computer operators will have a wide range of responsibilities whereas others will have minimal amounts of duties due to their job title.
Skills for Computer Operator
1) Enter commands, using computer terminal, and activate controls on computer and peripheral equipment to integrate and operate equipment.
2) Monitor the system for equipment failure or errors in performance.
3) Notify supervisor or computer maintenance technicians of equipment malfunctions.
4) Respond to program error messages by finding and correcting problems or terminating the program.
5) Read job set-up instructions to determine equipment to be used, order of use, material such as disks and paper to be loaded, and control settings.
6) Operate spreadsheet programs and other types of software to load and manipulate data and to produce reports.
7) Retrieve, separate and sort program output as needed, and send data to specified users.
8) Load peripheral equipment with selected materials for operating runs, or oversee loading of peripheral equipment by peripheral equipment operators.
9) Answer telephone calls to assist computer users encountering problems.
Computer Operator Resume Example
Address and Contact Info.
To work for ABC Company as a Computer Operator where strong administrative and computer-related skills can be put to good use for the benefit of the organization.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years’ experience in performing duties as a computer operator
- Thorough understanding of diverse computer systems, network protocols and peripheral devices
- Well versed in identifying, reporting, coordinating, and documenting system abnormalities
- Working knowledge of technical methodology, security principles, and practices
- Adept at monitoring and management of mainframes, networks and work-group servers
- Able to provide second-level support to help desk
- Proven record of working efficiently while unsupervised
- Ability to learn and develop on existing skills
- Bilingual – English and Mandarin
- Comfortable doing two or more tasks at the same time without compromising quality of work
- Able to perform clerical and customer services tasks effectively
- Responsible for operating all computer and auxiliary equipment
- Responsible for installing, replacing, and adjusting the belts, ribbons, filters and other objects to maintain equipment
- Operation of computer and auxiliary equipment is observed
- Responsible for preparation of equipment for operation
- Responsible for operating system console under the instruction of a lead computer
- Magnetic tape library or libraries are updated
- Responsible for unloading and separating output of printer in preparation for distribution
- Try continuously for improving operations, streamlining work processes, decreasing turnaround times and provide quality flawless customer service
- Responsible for other duties as assigned
REGULUS Group, Dallas TX
Entry Level computer Operator
- Responsible for installing, troubleshooting, backup, configuration, security, upgrade, recovery, etc.
- Done duties such as implementation, documentation of LAN/ WAN network system
- Responsible for collecting data and implement operating system upgrades
- Responsible for installation of fixes and APAR’s
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
University of ABCXZ, XX – 2000
BS – Computer Science A+ and SSCP (System Security Certified Practitioner)
REFERENCES – Available upon request.
***This is only the Computer operator resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?