Here is a sample of custodian resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want.
Custodians are an important part of a janitorial team no matter which industry we talk about. They mop floors, perform minor repairs and manage other more intense housekeeping tasks within the environment that they work in. On a broader scale, custodians are responsible for dusting furniture an fixtures, wash and disinfect washroom floors and toilets, clean mirrors, empty garbage bins and report damage or acts of vandalism.
Skills Required for Custodian
- Interpersonal Skills: Most likely, you will be working with a team of other custodians. Many custodians work during the day, while company employees are working. Being friendly and pleasant will help you in your job.
- Mechanical Skills: Custodians need to understand how to work industrial equipment like floor buffers, industrial floor washers, and fix small building problems, like leaky faucets or faulty light switches.
- Strength and Stamina: You will need to lift heavy objects and spend most of your time on your feet.
- Followed company standards and procedures to maintain the cleanliness of the office areas.
- Maintained office furniture in proper condition and saw to timely repair.
- Carried out electrical repair work when required in the office rooms and was responsible for maintenance and refilling of coffee dispensers.
- Assisted in organizing annual meetings and conferences by cleaning and tidying rooms and carrying out repair work.
- Used electrical equipment and chemical cleaners to maintain cleanliness in office environment.
- Ensured office premises were safe and secure by performing routine check-ups after staff had logged out.
- Performed routine maintenance activities such as changing curtains and electrical appliances.
A Sample of Custodian Resume
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone Email Address
- To work as a Custodian for Emerald Heights. Offering expertise in using standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, and equipment in order to bring about the best in providing janitorial services.
- Seeking a Custodian position with Core Systems using a track record of providing custodial services in order to manage a clean and tidy office environment.
- Desire a Custodian position at the Diamond Apartments. Offering quality in application of cleaning chemicals and products along with a profound knowledge of cleaning procedures.
- Looking for a position of Custodian at Amway Co. Where I may be able to use skills in cleaning, maintenance, and repair services in a corporate environment.
- To obtain employment as a Custodian at Acme Inc. where I can utilize my knowledge of cleaning and maintenance services in accordance with the company’s safe practices systems.
- Customer Service
- Neat Appearance
- Can-do Attitude
- Preventive Maintenance
- Grounds Maintenance
- Decision Making
- Sense of Urgency
Metropolitan College, Atlanta, GA (Jul 2015 – Present)
- Clean the assigned area on a daily basis and report any damages/repairs needed
- Wash and polish floors using buff cleaners
- Maintain the storage area and cleaning equipment in a neat and clean condition
- Carry out laundry tasks as and when needed
- Renovated the dean’s office before the annual function, shampooing the carpet manually and single-handedly.
- Introduced liquid glass cleaners at the premises, resulting in shiny window and door glasses, saving a lot of manual labor.
Goodwill Store, Atlanta, GA (Aug 2010 – Jun 2014)
- Cleaned washrooms and try rooms and replenished supplies
- Scrubbed floors using modern scrubbing machines
- Used chemicals for cleaning, mopping and polishing allotted space
- Dusted the racks and shelves carefully on a daily basis
- Utilized disinfectants effectively where applicable
- Fixed 12 recently installed faulty moveable racks on the allotted floor just before the holiday season
High School Diploma (2007)
Baltimore South Senior High School, Baltimore, MD
***This is only the custodian resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?