Here is a sample of medical secretary resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume layout can be also utilized for 1) medical assistant 2) clinic receptionist, 3 ) medical office and 4) medical receptionist.
Key Skills Required
Highly organized and responsible secretary with professional experience in medical and clinical settings; ability to handle front desk secretarial services, utilizing skills such as:
- Communication skills: Greeting and directing patients and visitors, communicating their diagnostic needs to medical staff.
- Customer Service: Responding to questions and providing information via phone, emails and in person.
- Coordination/organization skills: Registering patients and coordinating health care appointments.
- Secretarial abilities: Conversant with clerical assignments including data entry and scheduling.
- Schedule and confirm patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries and medical consultations.
- Compile and record medical charts, reports, and correspondence, using typewriter or personal computer.
- Answer telephones, and direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Receive and route messages and documents such as laboratory results to appropriate staff.
- Greet visitors, ascertain purpose of visit, and direct them to appropriate staff.
- Interview patients in order to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
- Maintain medical records, technical library and correspondence files.
- Operate office equipment such as voice mail messaging systems, and use word processing, spreadsheet, and other software applications to prepare reports, invoices, financial statements, letters, case histories and medical records.
- Transmit correspondence and medical records by mail, e-mail, or fax.
Requirements, Skills and Interests
Medical secretaries/personal assistants have usually worked elsewhere in the NHS so they have experience of medical terminology and NHS ways of working.
There are no set entry requirements for a medical secretary/personal assistant. However, employers expect excellent keyboard skills. They may ask for qualifications in typing or word processing. Employers also expect a good standard of literacy, numeracy and IT skills. They may ask for GCSEs or equivalent qualifications. You may be able to enter an apprenticeship through an administrative role and through further training and qualifications, progress to more senior roles as a medical secretary or personal assistant.
Medical secretaries typically need a high school or equivalency diploma. They must have basic office skills and knowledge of medical terminology which they can obtain through classroom instruction or on-the-job training. Community colleges and vocational-technical schools, and even some high schools offer formal training programs. If you want to be a medical secretary, you need excellent computer skills.
You should be able to use email, word processing software, and spreadsheets, in addition to software used for record keeping and billing.
Medical Secretary Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Outstanding administrative secretary offering extensive experience in the management of daily office operations. Expertise in managing high-profile initiatives and crucial projects in support of top executives. Notable success in development and dissemination of executive-level communication.
- Clients Relation
- Office Administration
- Professional Correspondence
- Cost Containment
- Executive Support
- Process Improvement
- Cost Containment
- Executive Support
ABC GROUP, GREEN RIVER. WY, (20xx – Present)
- Provide administrative support to staff members across a fast-paced dental practice. Manage simultaneous project and maintain calendar to ensure deadlines are met. Schedule executive meeting and make complex catering and travel arrangements.
- Handle medical front desk in computerized and manual scheduling, billing and health/ insurance records supervision, including main carriers and medicals.
- Practice average of 500-patients on daily basis for fast-paced common period.
- Keep frequent communication between patient, staff, physician and laboratory staff.
- Plan medical screening and following ups of the patients to get better results.
- Answer to precedence issues to make certain the timely referrals of immediately required medical care.
- Organize everyday pharmaceutical-related topics to confirm and accelerate high volume of treatment orders.
XYZ HOSPITAL, GREEN RIVER. WY, (20xx – 20xx)
- Received patient’s essential signs and pursued with appropriate and correct charting procedures.
- Worked therapeutic treatment like range of motion, walk training and whirlpool bath.
- Turned and situated patients often to stop rate of bed sores.
ABC UNIVERSITY (20xx – 20xx)
Bachelor of Science degree in Health Science
Concentration on Healthcare Management
REFERENCE – Available on Request.
***This is only the Medical secretary resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?