Here is a sample of respiratory therapist resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a pediatric respiratory therapist or respiratory nurse.
Respiratory Therapist Job Description
A respiratory therapist is part of the medical personnel, who offers his/her services and treatments to the person with breathing and cardiopulmonary problems. S/he has the responsibility of conducting minor examination on the patients and monitoring their conditions. They perform respiratory treatments as per the instructions of the physician.
Job Duties of Respiratory Therapists
- Meets patient’s goals and needs and provides quality care by conducting pulmonary function tests; assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining respiratory therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians and by prescription.
- Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and supports life by administering inhalants; operating mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators.
- Administers respiratory therapy treatments by performing bronchopulmonary drainage; assisting with breathing exercises; monitoring physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes; directing treatments given by aides, technicians and assistants.
- Evaluates effects of respiratory therapy treatment plan by observing, noting, and evaluating patient’s progress; recommending adjustments and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects hospital operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops respiratory therapy staff by providing information; developing and conducting in-service training programs.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and certification requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Respiratory Therapist Resume Example
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone, Email Address
Highly sensitive and focused Entry Level Respiratory Therapist with an excellent patient satisfaction history and work ethic. Deeply knowledgeable in a wide variety of respiratory therapeutic techniques designed to maximize patient health and comfort. Flexible scheduling availability to include evenings some weekends and emergency situations as required.
KEY SKILLS, CORE COMPETENCIES AND STRENGTHS
- Ability to understand physician’s medical instructions and work accordingly.
- Sensitive to psychological and emotional needs of the patient.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient with computers and medical equipment used to conduct treatments.
- Knowledge of human anatomy, microbiology, physiology.
ABC Health Care Systems ay Shore, NY (015 – Present)
- Monitored patient and evaluated specific symptoms and difficulties.
- Designed treatment plan for the patient under physician’s supervision.
- Consulted with physician and other medical staff regarding any possible change in the treatment plans of the patient.
- Conducted complex and difficult therapies as per the physical condition of the patient.
- Provided temporary relief in extreme cases where patient was unable to breathe properly as in cases of severe asthma and emphysema.
- Supervised and guided other respiratory therapy technicians in performing routine inspections and other procedures.
- Performed routine checks and treatments such as oxygen mixtures and chest physiotherapy on patients.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Georgia State University Atlanta, GA (2000 – 2008)
***This is only the Respiratory therapist resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search