Here is a sample of medical assistant resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a medical assistant.
As a medical assistant, you have the opportunity to offer a very important service to the community, by participating actively in the ongoing process of patients’ care and by channeling your efforts towards improving the patients’ health. Due to its eclectic nature and the pronounced level of interaction with people, the medical assistant profession is considered to be a very demanding profession, requiring a wide range of practical and theoretical skills, good decision making abilities, good communication skills and nevertheless, a lot of talent! Due to the ongoing development and expansion of the healthcare industry, the request for medical assistants is very acute in present and it is expected to further grow in the coming years, thus rendering the medical assistant career stable and secure on professional level. In addition, well-trained medical assistants have very good prospects for promotion in the medical field, being able to qualify for various administrative occupations or become medical technology professionals.
In order to fulfill your dream of becoming a qualified medical assistant, it is very important not to neglect your professional training. Keep in mind that proper medical assistant training is crucial for becoming certified and acquiring important credentials in a short period of time. At first, medical assistant training focuses on familiarizing you with the basics, later helping you to further expand your knowledge and overall practical skills required.
The best thing to do in order to ensure a secure career in the field is to attend a high quality medical assistant training program at a highly recognized medical assistant school. By attending to a good medical assistant school, you will be able to polish your skills as a medical assistant and become a true professional in your branch. The medical assistant training you will receive in a highly recognized medical assistant school will greatly increase your chances of obtaining your desired certifications and accreditations from the first try, allowing you to build the scaffolds of a promising career in no time.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Medical Assistant Resume
- Administering injections
- Drawing blood
- Ordering supplies & equipment needed to keep the facility running smoothly
- Preparing the exam room for the physician
- Scheduling appointments for patients
- Taking vital signs
- Recording patient medical history
Professional Medical Assistant Resume Sample
[Street, City, state, Zip] I [Phone] [Email Address]
Experienced working in health care setting providing direct care to patients, Honest, Dependable, Organised, self-starter with excellent customer service skills who is able to access client’s needs, make timely decisions and provide appropriate follow-through.
- Medical Office Management
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Medical Records & Management
- Data Entry (75 WPM)
- Bookkeeping & Filing
- Taking Patient’s Vitals
- Blood Draws
- Patient Scheduling
- Ancillary Testing
- Patient Education
- HIPPA & JCAHO knowledge
ABC FAMILY MEDICAL (20xx –Present)
Certified Medical Assistant
Serve as key member of interdisciplinary healthcare team for a busy family medical practice. Assisted seven MDs as well PA and RN team in ensuring optimal patient care and smooth daily functioning of office
- Consistently praised for efficient handling of administrative duties (e.g. answering phones, scheduling appointment, maintaining medical records, patient processing, billing and bookkeeping) that allowed doctors and nursing staff to focus on the health concerns of patients.
- Ensure the cleanliness, sanitation and maintenance of all facilities, exam rooms and equipment.
- Help implement practice quality assurance and control program.
- Rеасt саlmlу аnd effectively in еmеrgеnсу situations, and аddеd thе personal, саring tоuсh thаt immеdiаtеlу put раtiеnt аt ease.
- Rеаd аnd rесоrd tеmреrаturе, рulѕе аnd rеѕрirаtiоn.
ABC MERCIFUL MEDICAL HOSPITAL (20xx – 20xx)
Certified Medical Assistant
- Completed and submitted clinical documentation in accordance with hospital guidelines
- Prepared patient rooms prior to their arrival
- Collected urine and facial samples
- Supported diagnostic and technical treatment procedures, such as setting up and operating special medical equipment and apparatus.
- Aѕѕiѕted with adequate nutritiоn and fluid intake
- Plаnnеd, рrераrе аnd ѕеrvе meals аnd ѕnасkѕ according tо prescribed diеtѕ.
- Dirесte раtiеntѕ in рrеѕсribе rаngе оf mоtiоn еxеrсiѕе аnd in the use оf brасеѕ or artificial limbs.
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA – LOS ANGELES
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN ACCOUNTING – 1998 – November 2002
REFERENCE – Available on Request
***This is only the Medical Assistant resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Medical Assistant Job Description Sample
- Medical Assistant Cover Letter Sample
- Medical Office Receptionist Job Description Sample