Maintenance Technician Resume Sample and Required Skills
Maintenance Technician Resume Sample – A general maintenance technician is a trained person who specializes in fixing and maintaining machines, equipment and general home appliances. He/she is versatile in several areas and executes many tasks in a day. The job of a general technician requires both indoor and outdoor activities including places such as schools, hospitals, hotels, offices, etc. He/she carries out a wide range of duties as outlined by the employer in his/her job description.
These include maintenance on buildings, carpentry, painting, general repair, pest control and landscaping amongst others. The role of general maintenance technicians doesn’t require much formal education, but a high school degree comes in handy. He/she takes responsibility of all repairs and maintenance of the various manufacturing machinery used in the organization.
Some Responsibilities That Maintenance Technicians Should Know Before Writing Their Resume
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards.
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.).
- Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary.
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality.
- Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed .
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.).
- Undertake activities of pest control such as spraying insecticide .
- Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g. landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.).
- Assist in budget preparation and ensure it is followed.
Maintenance Technician Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone Email Address
Seeking a challenging position as a Maintenance Mechanic with St. Joseph’s Healthcare System which will require me to utilize my technical skills, abilities and expertise to ensure the company’s success.
- Over 6 months’ of hands-on experience as a maintenance mechanic
- Highly skilled in performing high quality maintenance and repairs on buildings and equipment
- Strong sheetrock repair and painting skills
- Proven ability to perform basic plumbing repairs
- Able to provide clear, exact documentation, and work safely following established guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic electrical repairs
- Profound ability to meet and exceed organizational expectations
- Thorough understanding of continuous quality improvement and customer satisfaction
- Reorganized maintenance procedures, shortening time and cost by 20%.
- Implemented new system of renovation strategy that increased efficiency 25%.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Mechanical / Electrical based apprenticeship with City & Guilds or equivalent qualifications.
- Proven experience working with both relay logic and PLC control systems.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to work on their own and also be a fully integrated member of a team.
- The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
- Extensive experience as a qualified maintenance / service engineer operating in an industrial environment (Preferably in the automotive sector).
Maintenance Technician, Park Industries Greenville, TX (20016 – Present)
Performance and Functions:
- Perform repairs and maintenance work in office premises and buildings.
- Monitor electrical panels and circuits in buildings to analyze the exact need: repair or part replacement.
- Work in coordination with project manager for major projects with electrical equipment.
- Offer maintenance and repair services around the clock.
- Prepare reports on machines and repairs required for managers.
- Perform timely inspection of office ventilation systems.
- Discuss suitable budget with managers and top level management.
- Good communication and Customer Service Skills
- Great attention to detail
- Able to follow instructions effectively
- Able to work unsupervised
Technical certification in industrial maintenance
High School Diploma
***This is only the maintenance technician resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Maintenance Technician Job Description Sample
- Maintenance Engineer Job Description Sample
- Operation & Warehousing Resumes