Here is a sample of maintenance technician resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want.
A general maintenance technician is a trained person who specializes in fixing and maintaining machines, equipment and general home appliances. He/she is versatile in several areas and executes many tasks in a day. The job of a general technician requires both indoor and outdoor activities including places such as schools, hospitals, hotels, offices, etc. He/she carries out a wide range of duties as outlined by the employer in his/her job description.
These include maintenance on buildings, carpentry, painting, general repair, pest control and landscaping among others. The role of general maintenance technicians doesn’t require much formal education, but a high school degree comes in handy. He/she takes responsibility of all repairs and maintenance of the various manufacturing machinery used in the organization.
Some Responsibilities of Maintenance Technicians
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards.
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.).
- Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary.
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality.
- Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed .
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.).
- Undertake activities of pest control such as spraying insecticide .
- Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g. landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.).
- Assist in budget preparation and ensure it is followed.
Maintenance Technician Resume Example
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone Email Address
Seeking a challenging position as a Maintenance Mechanic with St. Joseph’s Healthcare System which will require me to utilize my technical skills, abilities, and expertise to ensure the company’s success.
- Over 6 months’ of hands-on experience as a maintenance mechanic
- Highly skilled in performing high-quality maintenance and repairs on buildings and equipment
- Strong sheet-rock repair and painting skills
- Proven ability to perform basic plumbing repairs
- Able to provide clear, exact documentation, and work safely following established guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic electrical repairs
- Profound ability to meet and exceed organizational expectations
- Thorough understanding of continuous quality improvement and customer satisfaction
- Reorganized maintenance procedures, shortening time and cost by 20%.
- Implemented a new system of renovation strategy that increased efficiency 25%.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Mechanical / Electrical based apprenticeship with City & Guilds or equivalent qualifications.
- Proven experience working with both relay logic and PLC control systems.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to work on their own and also be a fully integrated member of a team.
- The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
- Extensive experience as a qualified maintenance/service engineer operating in an industrial environment (Preferably in the automotive sector).
Maintenance Technician, Park Industries Greenville, TX (20016 – Present)
Performance and Functions:
- Perform repairs and maintenance work in office premises and buildings.
- Monitor electrical panels and circuits in buildings to analyze the exact need: repair or part replacement.
- Work in coordination with project manager for major projects with electrical equipment.
- Offer maintenance and repair services around the clock.
- Prepare reports on machines and repairs required for managers.
- Perform timely inspection of office ventilation systems.
- Discuss suitable budget with managers and top-level management.
- Good communication and Customer Service Skills
- Great attention to detail
- Able to follow instructions effectively
- Able to work unsupervised
Technical certification in industrial maintenance
High School Diploma
***This is only the maintenance technician resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search