Retail Manager Resume Sample and Required Skills
A retail manager is basically the person running stores or departments for maximum profit with the least possible costs, this may sound easy, but it is definitely not. Various responsibilities and obligations are coupled with this job role. Aside from ensuring the proper operation of stores or departments, it is also the job of a retail manager to ensure that promotions are accurate and excellent customer care standards are met.
Moreover, retail manager are also expected to deal with marketing, information technology, customer service, human resources, and finance. In addition, it is also the responsibility of retail management o keep the staff adept with the company’s target for the day. Although, these seem to be a lot of responsibilities, many people would still want to become retail managers. So, what is it with being a manager working in retail that entices a lot of people into the position? Furthermore, what are the rewards that one gets?
The main reason why a number of people would like to become retail managers is the monetary compensation. According to statistics, one of the highest paid positions is retail managers. Aside from attractive compensation packages, big companies and stores offer great benefits and incentives. The basic job of a professional retail manager is to manage the day-to-day activities of a retail store and its employees. Other activities of a person in this career could include running the human resources department, which encompasses hiring, training, performance management, and firing if necessary.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Retail Manager Resume
- Good Customer relations
- The ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Excellent communication and ‘people’ skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations.
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm.
- Decision-making ability and sense of responsibility.
- The ability to understand and analyse sales figures.
000 South Court, Sacramento, CA 00000
Tel: (000) 000-000
Highly experienced professional who possesses the requested level of retail management know how needed to inspire, lead, develop and motivate staff. Thereby them to achieve outstanding results through passion, innovation and support, key qualities innovation in product range and responsiveness to market trends, as well as being able to contribute superb product knowledge and training to junior staff so they can deliver industry lending advise to customers.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Able to develop staff through performance management
- Good IT skills and knowledge of the latest relief software system
- Commercial awareness with superb skills
- Proactive and able to use initiative when solving problems
- Support a team and manage both good and poor performance
- Creating short and long terms business plans
- Marketing and Advertising
- Inventory management
- Flexible schedule
Retail Manager (XXX – Present)
- Co-manage store operations with weekly sales volumes in excess of $100,000.
- Supervise 45-50 employees in areas of assignment delegation and supervision, including hourly assistants, services associates, head cashiers, cosmeticians and pharmacy/photo Development personnel.
- Verify the accuracy and vaulting of night deposit approximately $XX,000 – $XX,000.
- Oversee inventory control and vendor relations, and supervise daily truckload of bulk shipment.
STORE MANAGER (XXXX – XXXX)
- Received a promotion to store manager assigned to manage the ABC location with weekly sales volumes of $50,000; implemented tighter loss prevention control and strengthened security measures.
- Managed ABC multi-shift store operation (24/7) with weekly sales volume of $140,000.
- Reported to Retail Manager, in charge of total store operations for “XYZ Store” situated within a high volume mall environment, reaching weekly sales volume of $55,000.
- Supervised 45 XXX stores employees including shift manager, sales associate, head cashier, and Pharmacy/Photo Development Department Personnel.
Implemented Direct Store Delivery (DSD) procedure to prevent the occurrence of overages through verification and approval of income shipment by major snacks, beverages and magazine vendors.
University of XYZ, Norwalk, CA. (XXXX – XXXX)
B.Sc (Hons) Retail Marketing
***This is only the retail manager resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.