Here is a sample of licensed practical nurse resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a licensed practical nurse.
A licensed practical nurse which is most commonly known as vocational nurse usually enters the field of health care. They are given a number of opportunities in this field. There are a number of people around the world who wants to join this field because it has a room for growth and has tremendous potential. To start a career in health care field licensed practical nursing course is the first step and can take almost a year. Even outside the hospitals there is a great demand for practical or vocational nurses.
Licensed practical nurses have many jobs to do, they have to take care of the sick, disabled and injured patients. All these nurses working within the premises of the hospital have to bring in all of their sympathies with them which they are going to extract for the patients. After getting the licence you can simply earn a large amount of money by working in health care field. Licensed practical nursing is seen in doctors, physicians and other health care provider agencies. They work under the supervision and direction of registered nurses and physicians they have to use different methods in order to attend the patient
- They have to take all the vital signs in order to diagnose the disease.
- They have to gather all the patients’ information.
- They have top prepare and deliver the injections as directed by the registered nurse.
- They have to assist patients in a task of personal hygiene.
- They have to perform different lab testing and have to collect samples as well.
- They have to feed the infants and have to take a good care of them.
- They also teach patients and their family members about good and healthy habits.
- They have to aid other nursing assistants as well during the course of their work.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Licensed Practical Nurse Resume
- Good Communication Skills
- Decision-Making Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Computer Skills
- Supervisory Skills
- Clinical Skills
Licensed Practical Nurse Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Patient-focused, dedicated and compassionate Nursing Professional with more than 10 years of experience providing exceptional care for patients with many different types of diseases, injuries and healthcare providers to execute strategic plans. An exceptional team leader with an aptitude for communication and collaboration.
AREA OF EXPERTISE
- Patient-Centered Care
- Customer Service Reception
- Office Management
- Patient Education
- Strategic Care Planning
- Sterile Work Environment
- nventory Management
- Relationship Building
THE XYZ GROUP (20xx – Present)
- Ensure patient satisfaction by providing education on disease prevention and wellness to about 55 patients per day as the only supporting general practice office.
- Prevent drugs interactions and contributes to correct diagnosis by recording patient health information, monitoring patient vitals and updating files with each visit or phone call.
- Boost Office efficiency by administering medication, dressing wounds and performing lab tests.
THE XYZ GROUP (20xx – 20xx)
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
- Improved performance by supervising two Licensed Practical Nurses and three certified Nursing Assistant on a busy mid-day shift at a 300-bed long-term care facility.
- Guaranteed exceptional quality by correctly administering medication, inserting and caring for urinary catheters, dressing and changing wounds and assisting with personal hygiene.
- Avoided errors by correctly entering data into NextGen electronic medical records software.
THE XYZ GROUP (20xx – 20xx)
Patient Education Specialist
- Motivated patients to meet their health goals by collaborating with them to define strategic plans.
- Campaigned for wellness by designing fliers, presentations and other educational deliverables.
- Promoted patient empowerment by leading sensitivity training for nurses and their assistants.
CENTRA MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY, MOUNT PLEASANT 20xx – 20xx
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
REFERENCE – Available on Request.
***This is only the Licensed practical nurse resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Licensed Practical Nurse Job Description Sample
- Appealing Licensed Practical Nurse Cover Letter Sample
- Operating Room Nurse Resume Sample