Here is a sample of event manager resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a event coordinator or event planner.
As an event manager, you will have to do research for the events you are working on, in order to create a cohesive design for the event. You will also have to organize and oversee catering, decorations, flowers, and even travel arrangements and accommodations. You will also have to be present for the event, make sure everything goes smoothly, and handle any emergencies that occur. Event management can be a rewarding career for those who enjoy this type of work.
An Event Manager needs to have excellent coordination skills as they are responsible for everything to do with the event, including the service of food, staff training, the set up of the room, menu, and entertainment (if applicable)
He will also has to work closely with the guests to make sure that everything is to their satisfaction, not just in terms of sticking to an agreed-upon brief, but also making sure any last-minute extras are taken care of. The happiness of the client is the responsibility of the event manager.
Skills Required for Event Manager
As simple as it may sound, organizing an event is not an easy task. The event managers have to face various stimulating challenges, therefore an Event Manager needs have the following skills.
- Good communication skills
- Consultation skills
- Team management skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- The ability to carry out a number of tasks at the same time
- A creative approach to problem-solving
- A high level of attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good negotiation, sales and marketing skills
- Budget awareness
- Planning skills
- Logistical skills
- Computer skills
Event Manager Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Meticulous Event Manager, excellent at juggling multiple tasks and working under pressure. Broad industry experience includes Healthcare, Finance, and Legal.
- Budget development and management
- Expert in planning
- Creative and innovative
- Proficient in event management
- Digital marketing
- Creative and innovative
- Graphic design
ABC Co., Ltd., Toronto (2015 – Present)
- Set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on every project.
- Communicate, maintain and develop client relationships.
- Manage supplier relationships.
- Manage operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently.
- Provide leadership, motivation, direction and support to your team.
- Traveled nationally and internationally to meet with customers and deliver clear company messages.
- Analyzed usage patterns to understand ways in which customers used company products and services.
- Define and track campaign effectiveness and adjusted strategies accordingly.
ABC Co., Ltd., Ohio (2010 – 2012)
- Defined Coordinated and participated in promotional activities and trade shows.
- Analyzed third-party data and investigated new growth opportunities.
- Coordinated art and graphics creation for effective merchandising.
- Identified value propositions and key messages for all of the company’s marketing campaigns.
- Travelling to on site inspections and project managing events
- Being responsible for all project budgets from start to finish.
- Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery
MBA Marketing, 2006
University of Ohio Ohio,
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the event manager resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.