Special Event Coordinator Resume Sample
Working within the Communications and Marketing team, the role of the event coordinator is to develop and deliver a range of events such as training/information seminars, conferences, publicity events, dinners, and luncheons, seeking opportunities to generate income through sponsorship,attendance, and commercial activities. He must be able to negotiate with a variety of people and coordinate meeting and events from the local level to an international event. They may in one week organize a small meeting for a group of executives. Then start planning a year or more in advance for a meeting involving a thousand or more sales personnel from all over the world. Then they may end the week traveling to be on site for a regional recognition conference.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Special Event Coordinator Resume
The event coordinator should have a love for special event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers. Employers search for graduates with the following skills:
- Organisation Skills
- Event Planning Skills
- Team Management Skills
- Time-Management, Sales
- Knowledge of Common Reservation Software
- Attention to Detail
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication
- Strong Client-Facing Skills
- Marketing Knowledge or Previous Experience
- Vendor and Entertainment Research, Initiative, Enthusiasm, Flexibility
- Degree in Event Planning or Marketing Preferred
Sресiаl Event Coordinator Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Skilled Event Coordinator, Highly detail-oriented and organized self-starter who works well independently to get the job done to the satisfaction of the client.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches.
ABC Co., Ltd., Toronto (2015 – Present)
Oversee all aspects of event planning and management, including internal and external events, with experience planning exhibitions and large business-to-business events, by:
- Workflow Planning: Implemented new work process flow which increased department productivity.
- Planning event aspects, such as venue, seating, dining, and guest list.
- Delegating event planning tasks to other staff members where necessary.
- Demonstrating to clients strong knowledge of venues and vendor offerings and taking clients on tours of venue possibilities.
- Coordinating event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers.
- Staying under budget while planning event specifications.
- Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating comprehensive and readable financial reports.
ABC Co., Ltd., Ohio (2010 – 2012)
- Reconciled Process Improvement.
- Created new departmental procedures manual.
- Assessed organizational training needs.
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organising vendors.
- Communicating with marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event, and when necessary crafting marketing materials such as print and Internet advertisements for individual events.
- Planning multiple events at once.
- Anticipating and planning for different scenarios.
- Creating sales opportunities for future events during client liaisons and during events, including possessing a strong working knowledge of the company to further these sales opportunities.
MBA Marketing , 2006
University of Ohio Ohio,
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the special event coordinator resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search