Here is a sample of event planner resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an event coordinator, a marketing event coordinator, and a event manager.
An event planner (also known as a meeting and/or convention planner) is someone who coordinates all aspects of professional meetings and events. They often choose meeting locations, arrange transportation, and coordinate other details.
An event planner may handle a large variety of events, ranging from professional meetings to weddings to conventions.
Some Responsibilities of Event Planner
An even planner works for hotels, planning companies or as freelancers. He works out every detail with a client, and while the client gets to sit back and imagine what their great event will look like, the event planner does all of the work like scouting out locations, finding a caterer, and so much more. He is usually the last one to leave the location after the event in order to make certain everything was cleaned up properly too. Though formal education is not required for this position, being personable, having excellent communication skills and handling issues under pressure is imperative for a successful career.
Skills List of Event Planner
An event planner career is a high-pressure, fast-paced, and client-driven path. It is also a creative, engaging, and inspiring work environment. Employers seek for graduates with the following skills:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of meeting and event planning principles, requirements, procedures, and available resources.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Knowledge of conference facilities, technology, and equipment.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
- Knowledge of public institution purchasing principles, procedures, regulations, and standards.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements.
Event Planner Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Experienced Event Planner professional with strong leadership and relationship-building skills.
- Accounting Strategic thinker
- Social commerce
- Graphic design
- Natural leader
- Creative and innovative
- Market research
- Social media engagement
ABC Co., Ltd.,Toronto (2015 – Present)
- Direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services.
- Preserve brand integrity by monitoring the consistency and quality of marketing content.
- Create high-quality marketing strategy documentation, including product marketing briefs, FAQs and objection handling documents.
ABC Co., Ltd., Ohio (2010 – 2012)
- Developed and implemented campaigns for email, online advertising, search engines and direct mail.
- Directed product development using in-depth knowledge of vendor landscape and industry insight.
- Defined and tracked campaign effectiveness and adjusted strategies accordingly..
- Initiated market research studies and analyzed findings.
- Worked with the communications team to drive internal promotion of company programs, initiatives, guiding
- Principles and mission.
- Coordinated art and graphics creation for effective merchandising.
MBA Marketing , 2006
University of Ohio Ohio,
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the event planner resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?