Here is a sample of dental office receptionist resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a dental receptionist, dental call center, front desk receptionist, administrative assistant, and receptionist.
Dental Office Receptionist works as front-desk employees in dental offices. The main duties listed in a strong resume sample are greeting and registering clients, following office protocols, offering information and assistance to patients while filling in forms, updating databases, maintaining confidentiality, and handling daily appointments. Key competencies for this position are communication abilities, attention to details, organizational skills, teamwork, confidentiality, initiative and courtesy. Based on our example resumes, it is possible to do this job without too much formal education.
Some Responsibilities That Dental Office Receptionists Should Know Before Writing Their Resume
- Greet patients.
- Register new patients according to established office protocols.
- Assist patients to complete all necessary forms and documentation.
- Verify and update patient information.
- Inform patients of dental office procedures and policy.
- Move patients through appointments as scheduled.
- Enter all relevant patient information into data system.
- Maintain and manage patient records in compliance with privacy and security regulations.
- Answer and manage incoming calls.
- Respond and comply to requests for information.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Confirm upcoming appointments and recalls according to office protocol.
- Check daily appointment schedule.
- Arrange patient charts for next day appointments.
- Fill in cancellations and no-shows.
- Organize referrals to other medical specialists.
- Dispatch lab work appropriately.
- Collect and receipt payments from patients at time of treatment.
- Inform patients of financial treatment plan options.
- Arrange payment schedule with patients.
- Prepare and mail billing statements.
- Prepare claim forms for dental insurance.
- Arrange supporting documents for insurance claims.
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing post.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of dental office supplies.
- Update patient education materials.
- Maintain a professional reception area.
- Safeguard patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Communication skills.
- Information collection and management.
- Planning and organizing.
- Customer service skills.
- Team work.
Dental Office Receptionist Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone, Email Address
Dentist Receptionist seeking a position in which my skills and experience can be fully utilized to increase the efficiency of a dental office.
- Adept at greeting patients, providing information and scheduling appointments.
- Well versed in calling patients to follow up and remind.
- In depth knowledge of providing relevant information to patients.
- Computer: MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish.
FRONT DESK SKILLS
- Customer Service
- Cash Handling
- Record keeping
- Follow-up on appointments
- Answering queries via phone and email.
Health Point, Renton, WA (Apr 2015 – Present)
- Ensure the filling of feedback forms and prepare monthly report based on the same.
- Facilitate senior dentists in workshops and seminars regarding awareness on dental hygiene.
- Greet patients and families warmly and guide them to the waiting area.
- Maintain the reception and waiting area in neat and clean order.
- Keep record of each customer’s visits, follow-up and treatment plans.
- Explain the plan of treatment to the customer when necessary.
ABCDS Healthcare, Renton, WA (May 2005 – Apr 2013)
- Visited three schools with the team of dentists for the promotion of the clinic as part of dental awareness campaign.
- Assisted the dentist during dental procedures and ensured the availability of prepared fillings and sterilized instruments for the dentist during procedure.
- Answered queries of patients before and after dental procedure and on phone as well.
- Recorded and received daily payments and prepared weekly bank deposits accordingly.
- Sorted out daily mail.
Seattle Central Community College (2009)
***This is only the dental office receptionist resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Best Sample Job Descriptions by 20 Industries
- Top 31 Resume Examples for Healthcare Industry
- Free and Professional Medical Secretary Resume Sample