Here is an internship sample of cashier resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a cashier, retail cashier, restaurant cashier, and grocery store cashier.
Having a well written resume that highlights all the qualities a hiring manager is look out for will definitely set you apart from the pack and get you an interview invite – though snagging the job is up to how you perform during the session.
However, preparing your CV is the first step, so to help you create an irresistible resume, we have designed a template you can personalize.
Cashier Internship Resume Sample
12a St. Doughlas street Hopeville, Indiana, Telephone: xxxxxxxxxxxxx Email: [email protected]
A Detailed customer-focused professional with an excellent interpersonal, communication, and strong time management skills. Proven to be conscientious and ability to learn quickly.
Seeking for a position as a cashier intern at your organization where my qualities and skill set will be utilized in achieving personal and organizational goals.
- Basic math skillsfor keeping records and accounting for daily sales
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills for nurturing mutually beneficial relationships.
- Demonstrable time-management skill and strong sense of prioritizing
- Ability to learn quickly which will come in handy in learning about products details.
- Strong telephone etiquette for handling both outgoing and incoming calls
- A warm friendly demeanor to nurture relationships with customers
- Ability to handle customers complaints professionally and with calm
- Familiar with point of sale systems (POS)
- Proficient in the use of Spreadsheet programs like Microsoft Excel
- Familiar with inventory management systems to manage product availability
- Proficient in the use of Word Processing packages such as MS Word
Indiana State University
Bachelor’s degree in English, December 2014
- GPA: 3.5/4.0
- Second year course representative
- President, Read a book a week club
Relevant Work Experience
StarBucks | HopeVille, Indiana
Cashier | January 2016 – present
- Handled cash, check or credit transactions with customers.
- Issued change, receipts, refunds, or tickets.
- Resolved customer complaints, provided information and point them to appropriate resources.
- Maintained a clean and orderly checkout environment.
- Greet customers with a warm cheerful smile to brighten their day.
- Counted money at the beginning and end of every shift to ensure all transactions are accounted for.
Whole Foods | HopeVille, Indiana
Cashier | July 2016 –December 2016
- Won the staff of the month award two months in a row.
- Bag items carefully following best practices.
- Process returns and check to see if returned items are in good condition.
- Kept records of transactions, ensure pricing are accurate and kept stock of items.
- Counted money at the beginning and end of a shift to make sure all transactions are accounted for and recorded.
- Ensured that the cashier area is neat and tidy.
- Ring up sales voucher for customers and give them accurate balance after a purchase.
- Makes sale suggestions to customers by up-selling, cross-selling and introducing new products.
Delivery guy | Some Company | Some Town | May 2015 – Nov. 2015
- Developed a strong work ethics.
- Developed the ability to think on my feet.
- Developed and improved on my customer facing skills.
- Developed a strong communications skills.
Gas Station attendant | Some Company | Some Town | March 2014 – Nov. 2015
- Developed safety consciousness
- President, society for Hommes kaps – a society dedicated to the teaching high school students about college life.
- Won an award in a speaking competition.
- Ability to think on my feet and make quick decisions when appropriate.
- Physically in good shape.
- Optimistic and with a positive mental outlook to life
- A self-starter with strong sense of responsibility
- A strong problem solving ability
Music, Jogging, Reading, Meeting new people
Want more samples?