Looking for a paralegal resume? Here is a sample of paralegal resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want.
Paralegal is a person who performs delegated legal work for which a lawyer is ultimately responsible. Paralegals perform a variety of tasks, including maintenance and organize files, create documents and conduct legal research. Paralegals are found in all types of organizations, but most of them work for law firms, government agencies, and corporate legal departments.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Paralegal
Paralegals help lawyers prepare for trial, discussions and business meetings. Depending on the size of the organization or company, paralegal duties can vary, especially in small businesses.
In addition to reviewing and organizing information, paralegals may prepare reports to assist lawyers in determining how to manage their business writing. If prosecutors decide to prosecute on behalf of clients, paralegals can help you create documents and preparing legal arguments presented in court.
Law firms are increasingly using information technology and software in the preparation of test and document management. Paralegals are using the software to prepare presentations and remove and index documents.
Additionally, paralegals must be up to date with the latest software used for electronic and familiar with the management of electronic discovery database. Electronic discovery applies to all electronic documents related to the complaint, such as data, e-mails, databases, accounting, documents and web pages.
Skills List of a Paralegal
- For assistance of a lawyer during the trial.
- Conduct research on laws, legal articles and regulations.
- Organizing and presenting information.
- Keep the information about the objects in computer databases.
- To attorneys prepare draft reports for tests.
- Examine the facts of the case.
- Preparation of correspondence and documents, such as mortgages and contracts.
- Obtaining official statements and affidavits to be used as evidence in court.
The following resume template can be also utilized for a personal injury paralegal, patent paralegal, and corporate paralegal.
Paralegal Resume Sample
Beverly M. Horne
[Street, City, Stаtе, Zip, Phone, Email]
- Professional communicative paralegal to work with a wide range of legal personnel, including partners, associates and legal assistants.
- Paralegal apply excellent writing skills in preparation of briefs, legal briefs, proposals and correspondence. Performs all legal affairs professionally and with little lawyers direction and supervision.
- Paralegal extremely organized, which manages the number of cases with the authority and technical competence summit. It sorts and categorizes large amounts of legal documents and data quickly.
- Paralegal familiar with search techniques for civil, criminal and transaction. It employs excellent research skills in a wide range of databases of legal studies.
- Paralegal equipped with all necessary communication skills successfully acting as a liaison between clients, professionals and the Council of the opposition.
ABC Law Firm Winona, MN
Senior Paralegal Feb 2012 – Present
- Collaboration with internal departments to mitigate the losses.
- Send written to a lawyer under the supervision of lawyers asking for permission to hold public letter documents.
- Trained all personnel entering office procedures and specifics of the case.
- Coordination with various departments regarding sensitive documents and keeping records.
- monitored the legal amount to ensure that the law library was given.
DEF Law Firm Kansas City, KS
Paralegal July 2008 – Nov. 2011
- Overwritten all the official documents from the court in civil matters.
- Organizes and conducts a comprehensive program of court cases by up to 4 days.
- Prepared for the organization of exhibitions and trial of the tests.
- Input information on users in the software-based business.
- Conference calls that are in court.
- Documents and publications for the details to establish proof of the investigation.
- Creation of legal correspondence and handling any judicial post.
- Acted as a link between the court judges, court administrators, lawyers, government agencies and the public.
- He ordered all correspondence on behalf of lawyers.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the laws, regulations and best practices in the area of compliance and regulation in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
- Keep in touch with clients in a timely and courteous.
- The experience of securities and other documents relating to the right to property.
- During the development of the areas of operational improvements.
- Ability priority tasks and work with tight deadlines.
- Safe and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently.
- Able to keep confidential client information.
- Curious attitude is always looking to learn.
- Always act with integrity and honesty.
- Excellent communication skills in a variety of situations and relationships – oral and written.
MBA Paralegal Certificate 2007
University of Georgia, Lawrenceville, GA, USA
Coursework in Economics, Government and Political Scienc.
Coursework in Paralegal Studies.
Coursework in English, Communications and Writing.
REFERENCES – Available on request.
***This is only the paralegal resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?