Retail sales representative job description sample, including tasks, skills, and responsibilities to edit to attract top candidates for your business.
The paramount goal of a retail store is to achieve customer’s satisfaction. That is the reason behind the presence of a retail sales representative. This is a role that refers to the responsibility of selling retail products, goods, and services to clients. Sales representatives work with customers to find out their needs, create solutions and ensure a hitch-free sales process. They will work to discover a hint of new sales, through business directories and customer guide.
A retail sales representative must be determined to actualize positive results. He should actively seek out and engage public opinions.
A good sales representative is equipped with effective communication skills and interacts with customers to make them feel at home. He identifies with each customer and answers any questions that might be bothering them. They always have vast knowledge about the products, services, policies, and history. Positive attitude and prompt resolution to customer complex issues are expected characteristics.
Retail Sales Representative Job Description Sample
Position: Retail sales representative
Degree: Business Studies and BA degree or equivalent.
Working condition: Has to work in the office and on the field
- Must have evidence of work experience as a sales representative.
- Must possess a degree in Business Studies.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Must be conversant with BRM and CRM practices coupled with the ability to build productive businessprofessional affiliations.
- Must be diligent and set goals with the discipline to stick to it.
- Must possess a proven track record in sales.
- Must have perfect selling, communication and negotiation skills.
- The ability to formulate and know how to utilize your time is important maximally.
- Organizational skills are
- Must have the ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs.
- Must possess relationship management skills and openness to feedback.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent.
- Responsible for selling products and services using firm arguments to prospective customers.
- Responsible for performing cost-benefit analyses of existing and potential customers.
- Responsible for maintaining positive business relationships to ensure future sales.
- Required to present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers.
- Required to establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Required to reach out to customer leads through cold calling.
- Promptly take action on the problems and complaints of clients to find a lasting solution to them.
- A retail sale representative will need to achieve sales targets as agreed upon by the organization and ensure there are positive outcomes within schedule.
- Preside and oversee sales effort with team members in collaboration with other departments.
- Responsible for analyzing the hidden opportunities in the territory/market, monitor sales, and status reports.
- Required to supply the authorities with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitivestrategies, and potential for new products and services.
- Responsible for keeping a tab on new trends in the business industry and promotional release.
- Required to improve through feedback efficiently.