Here is a sample of lawyer resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume format can be also utilized for an experienced attorney and a corporate lawyer.
A lawyer provides legal advice to individuals, government agencies and companies, legal issues and provides representation to them when necessary. Prepare legal documents and interpret the laws, regulations and decisions. A lawyer can specialize in different areas of the profession.
In addition, the lawyer will conduct research on legal issues and be able to interpret the laws, regulations and decisions, in order to explain the facts to the client, in writing and orally. He prepares files like will, deeds, contracts, claims and complaints. He/She can also keep track of paralegals or legal assistants.
Skills List of a Lawyer
- Taking in lots of information and distilling the key points
- Working to a deadline/ planning ahead
- Asking the right questions
- Thinking out legal solutions and arguments
- Commercial awareness — the two dreaded words!
- Understanding your client — and the other side
- Teamwork makes the dream work
Lawyer Resume Sample
Lindsey R. Stollings
[Street, City, Stаtе, Zip, Phone, Email]
Wide legal experience with over 10 year’s experience in business transactions and litigation. The combination of business and practice of law firm working with the various business organizations. strong written and verbal skills, combined with excellent research skills.
- Preparation and negotiation of customers, suppliers and subcontractors – national and international – to cover professional services, purchase of goods and materials, joint ventures, software licenses and employment. Negotiated agreements with government agencies, including the Army Corps of Engineers, Department of Protection Authorities in New York City environment and the Massachusetts Water Resources; industrial clients such as Bristol Myers and Abbott Labs; And vendors such as Xerox and AT & T.
- Worked closely with professional services teams and companies to solve complex problems and to negotiate the terms of the contract finished the contract for engineering and consulting services.
- Help clients with business formation, including the production of foundation documents and registration of foreign companies, drawing up agreements on cooperation and partnership, creating laws and regulations and obtain a professional license. Representative questions: (1) approved by the regional expansion plan in the negotiation of agreements brokerage and rental properties in Croatia, foreign companies filing folders and intermediaries license declare the mortgage. (2) For those investors, who registered Ltd. for mixed-use real estate, created a partnership agreement, negotiated a contract for the purchase of property, made recommendations on securing funding and established a trust estate.
- Represented the buyers, sellers and lenders on the purchase and sale of the business. Transactions included engineering services, software and technology companies, medical and veterinary practice, and restaurants.
- Collaboration with customers to support various business activities and real estate development. Services included in the training of legal persons, the development of appropriate operational agreements and other corporate documents and structuring transactions in accordance with tax regulations. Representative questions: (1) attend those investors who owned the franchise four fitness centers use a self-directed IRA funds for the successful opening of six franchises. (2) has worked with these investors to structure the financing of commercial real estate of $ 2.5 million.
Support to Environmental, Engineering, and Construction Project Teams
- Advises project teams on several laws, including RCRA, CERCLA, CWA and CAA
- regulations; procurement and construction law; building codes; OSHA regulations; And federal and state laws on freedom of information.
- Provides legal assistance in environmental protection and consultancy teams to property transfers, including due diligence for the purchase of goods and mergers and acquisitions, and negotiations with regulatory agencies.
- Participation in the development and revision of the contract Construction documents.
- Recommendations in the electronic delivery of construction documents.
Commercial Real Estate and Development
- Preparation of several contracts of commercial real estate and operating leases.
- Customer care teams and projects of land use issues, including zoning and permits.
- Review the title, he solved the problems of ownership and the abolition made for commercial real estate.
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Represent clients in a variety of commercial disputes and trade. Representative questions: (1) representing the tenants office building with underground pollution problems unrevealed violation of the lease includes a counterclaim for misrepresentation and commercial losses. (2) Represents the business premises to the seller 42 acres in the multi-party lawsuits alleging breach of contract.
- Served as in-house counsel in litigation, including commercial litigation and contract customers in bankruptcy, employment issues and personal injury and workers’ compensation. Representative questions: (1) favorably resolved a dispute involving multi-municipal project: $ 1.2 million from $ 400,000 in unpaid bills. (2) Telephone service and data earned over $ 100,000 in false accusations. Has reviewed the contractual terms and convinced the seller to leave entire debt.
- Supervision of the production of information / data in accordance with the requirements of e-discovery and has participated in the development of policies and procedures to streamline the production of electronic data.
PARTNER, ABC Law Firm, PC, Exeter, NH (2011– Present)
- Start-up law firm specializing in different areas of practice such as real estate and corporate law matters that grew to five attorneys within two years
- Appointed to act as an interpreter at ABC Royal Court of Justice, Isle of Jersey.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND INTERESTS
- Can deal with the physical and mental demands of the victims, witnesses or suspects, often in long and exhausting negotiations.
- Ability to remain impartial and independent
- Willingness to work anti-social hours.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Self motivated, able to work under pressure and motivate others
- Intellectual curiosity, assertiveness, analytical skills, flexibility, interest in languages and culture, enlightened tools and social and legal issues.
JD, Fordham University School of Law, New York, NY, 1999
Honors: Dean’s List, fall 1997 and Spring 1998
BA, Economics, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, 1996
Board Member, Los Angeles Alternative Energy Coalition
REFERENCES –Available on request
***This is only the lawyer resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?