Here is a sample of cashier resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a cashier, retail cashier, and restaurant cashier.
The job function of a cashier is to receive and disburse money and/or process debit card and credit card transactions. This may include transactions with the general public, as well as transaction with employees. Some auditing mechanism must be in place to ensure the integrity of the transactions processed. Also, experience with a cash register, credit card terminal, scanner or related cash or money handling technology is necessary.
A skills based / functional resume for a cashier position is a good option for career changers as well as entry level applicants who have a very little or no relevant experience in cashiering – but gained transferable skills through several related or unrelated jobs and education. This type of resume emphasizes on what you can perform as a cashier, not where you have worked in past. Appropriate skills can be derived from personal life experiences, courses, summer work and volunteer activities alike.
Following is a very detailed resume for a cashier which focuses on transferable skills.
You may select skill statements which are most relevant to employer’s requirements.
- Accurately and efficiently operate cash registers
- Operate bar code scanning equipment
- Ensure that there is sufficient cash in the cash drawer
- Maintain correct cash balances at cash registers
- Sort, count and wrap coins and currency
- Process payments made with cash, checks, credit cards, and debit cards
- Process returns and exchanges
- Be aware of all promotions and advertisements that affect product prices
- Maintain a clean checkout area
- Communicate company policies and procedures to customers
- Gift wrap customer purchases as requested
Cashier Resume Example
Address / Contact Info
Seeking a Cashier position with Whole Foods Market where excellent customer service and cash handling skills can be utilized to develop the company’s efficiency
- Hands-on experience in accepting payments from customers and give change and receipts
- Highly skilled in using scanners, cash registers, and calculators to calculate the price of items that customers buy
- Proven record of using the right process for cash, credit cards, or other types of payment
- In-depth knowledge of handling returns and exchanges of goods
- Thorough understanding of counting the money is in register at the beginning and end of shift
- Track record of greeting customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Able to bag and wrap customers’ purchases
- Demonstrated ability to assist customers to sign up for store rewards programs and to apply for store gift cards
- Proven ability to answer customers’ questions and give information regarding the business procedures and policies in an exact and customer-friendly way
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dedicated and careful – high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Fluent in English and Polish
- MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Quick-books and financial software
ABCDEF, New ABD, NY (February 2014 – Date)
- Help customers in person and telephonically.
- Deal with customer inquiries and complaints.
- Process sales and payments.
- Issue refunds and credits.
- Process returns and exchanges.
- Balance sales and receipts.
- Maintain records of all transactions.
- Wrap merchandise.
- Monitor inventory.
- Assist with product display and pricing.
Kmart, Staten Island, NY (October 2013 – January 2014)
- Processed sales and service transactions at the cash wraps.
- Handled customer issues.
- Restocked returned items.
- Balanced money in cash register with sales data.
REFERENCE – Available on request
***This is only the cashier resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want More Samples? See Below.
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search