Here is a sample of entry level cashier resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a restaurant cashier, and retail cashier.
An Entry Level Cashier is someone who manages money. There are several organizations that each day deals with cash transactions. Examples are banks, general stores, hospitals and many others. The cashier receives money from customers/clients and pays to the account of the organization. On the other hand, he/she receives money from clients and credits the account of the organization. The cashier is part of the batch department and is responsible for managing only those tasks involving cash transactions. Most cashiers work daily, where they have to submit daily bills and submit the final amount of money to their superiors. The cashier position is an entry level position. Any candidate with computer skills can be engaged as a cashier and trained for managing cash accounts.
Every institute that deals with cash transactions on a daily basis have a cashier. The best and most popular example is the bank. The most important cashier’s job is to deliver money to account holders. The account holder will complete the withdrawal certificate or check and give it to the cashier; the cashier will confirm the account number, amount of money and signature, and then delete the transaction. The cashier will count the money and give it to the account owner and make changes to the balance.
- Proven ability to perform basic mathematical and accounting activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizing skills and time management
- Set priorities and meet deadlines
- Customer-centric approach
Entry Level Cashier Resume Sample with Little Experience
[Address and Contact Info]
ENTRY LEVEL CASHIER
Summary: Highly oriented towards customer service with exceptional personal skills and sincere passion for achieving the organization’s long-term goals. Recognized for effective teamwork, accurate product digitization, and screen maintenance.
To get a cashier’s job in your company, using my extraordinary skills of customer service and the efficient use of cash registers.
- Good understanding of cash registers and silverware
- Experienced in maintaining friendly behavior at all times
- Well-handled in solving and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems in a retail environment
- IT: MS Word and Excel, retail software
- Multilingual: English, Spanish and Italian
Entry Level Cashier | May 2016 – Present
ABC Mart, Fishhook, IL
- Greeting customers when they arrive and help them find the goods they need
- Help customers make purchasing decisions
- Managing their cash register and add a money-receiving machine for sold items
- Calculating discounts and rewards as needed
- Marking items by price and expiration date
- Balancing all cash-end date transactions
Entry Level Cashier/Specialist | Jan 2014 – May 2016
XYZ Mart, San Diego, CA
- Kept the company database up to date and tailored as needed.
- Entered relevant information about the documents into the company database with great accuracy.
- Compared data from original sources for error tracking and publication in the database.
- Corrected the errors and compared the data received from the department before entering them into the database.
- Helped other operators find/correct data errors.
- Kept records of completed projects for a future reference of the best departments.
- Ensures that the database is protected by applying the required security measures.
- Typing certificate; keyboard skills and touch typing training
- Legal secretary diploma
- Graduate/Post graduate in commerce
- High School diploma
Available on request
Want more samples?
- Free Cashier Job Description Sample
- Cashier Intern Resume Sample
- Appealing Cashier Cover Letter Sample
- Cashier Resume Sample and Writing Tips
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search