Here is a sample of bar manager resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a bar manager, assistant bar manager, pub general manager, nightclub manager, and restaurant manager.
- The Professional Bar & Beverage Manager’s Handbook: How to Open and Operate a Financially Successful Bar, Tavern, and Nightclub
- The Bar Manager’s Guide To Controlling Costs: How To Eliminate Theft And Waste
Bar Manager jobs which typically offer a balanced menu option to their customers which will include light dining combined with a range of beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. Often bars are themed in this brand-aware world that we all live in. These themes can range from international cultures, such as the popular growth in tapas bars, to a theme centralized around a particular target audience, a good example of this is the large number of smart urban bars serving a primarily younger, professional customer base.
As a Bar Manager, you will need to display a confident attitude, a professional and organised work ethic, a flair for managing customer relations and staff management, and an ambitious and often entrepreneurial outlook. Also Plan, direct and oversee all bar operations including managing staff, ensuring product and service standards are met and implementing and maintaining procedures for maximum operating efficiency.
Bar Manager Responsibilities and Duties
- Set objectives and targets for beverage unit/bar
- Determine staff needs and recruit staff
- Performance manage staff
- Assess development needs and train and coach staff
- Delegate duties and tasks to staff to meet objectives and maximize resources
- Set and monitor quality and service standards for staff
- Communicate company policy, standards and procedures to staff
- Direct and manage staff members to meet standards and objectives
Bar Manager Skills
- High School Diploma
- Tertiary qualification preferred
- Experience in the management of a bar or beverage service operation
- Complete working knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Knowledge of business management principles and practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Knowledge of cost control procedures
- Knowledge of human resource management practices
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
Bar Manager Resume Example
Address / Contact Info
More than 10 years’ restaurant industry experience with successful results, outstanding work ethic combined with excellent leadership and customer service skills. Highly intuitive with inventory control and money saving strategies. Proven track record for meeting and exceeding expectations while working within strict guidelines. Tenacious, honest and motivated, combined with an obsession for cleanliness.
- Profit and Loss Accountability
- Staff/Training Development
- Banquet Production Oversight
- Capital Budgeting
- Budget Administration
- Menu Concept Development
- Restaurant Design
- Food/Wine Cost Analysis
ABC RESTAURANT AND BAR, MIAMI, FL (20xx – Present)
- Hire to turnaround the ABC of historic Coral Gables, a medium size restaurant that is challenged with recovering profitability after a devastating hurricane two years prior.
- Oversee all account management, financial analysis, business development and payroll activities.
- Devise strategies to revamp the wine cellar and improve food quality/execution refrain and develop staff and maximize presence through large-party marketing.
- Play an instrumental role in increasing quarterly profits by 25% at The ABC.
- Increase checks average 20% and revenue 12% over the previous year. The first quarterly of 20xx was the Bay House’s most profitable.
- Receive accolade from local papers and earned best restaurant rating overall for 20xx in Southern Florida.
- Recognize for impeccable services and one of the best staff in the area. Served instrumentally in training three waitpersons to complete the first sommelier exam. Develop and implement a comprehensive program contributing to the success of the restaurant.
XYZ BAR, MIAMI, FL (20xx – 20xx)
- Initially supervised 20 employees in an upscale tavern atmosphere with regional cuisine as Assistant Manager of the BCD tavern, a high-volume outlet, which maintain budget objectives despite difficult times in the hospitality business.
- Developed comprehensive schedule, floor management objectives and forecast to maximize operational control across a luxury establishment.
- Promoted to the lobby Tea/Room service department and led a team of 25 employees.
- Oversaw operations in a luxury dining setting.
XYZ COLLEGE, MIAMI, FLORIDA 20xx – 20xx
Bachelor of Science Business Marketing
REFERENCES – Available on Request
***This is only the Bar Manager resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Bar Manager Job Description Sample
- Production Manager Job Description Sample
- Product Manager Job Description Sample
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search