Here is a sample of restaurant manager resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a restaurant manager, restaurant assistant manager, and fast food restaurant manager.
Restaurant managers are responsible for supervising the effective running and profitability of restaurants as well as managing their employees. Managers need to be able to lead as well as be knowledgeable about the various positions on the restaurant team.
Many of their duties may depend on the number of customers and staff within the restaurant. Larger restaurants typically have managers that are office-based, while managers of smaller establishments have more frequent contact with customers and employees.
Other responsibilities include recruiting, training and supervising staff, planning menus and budgets, and ensuring compliance with licensing, hygiene and health and safety laws.
Most managers are also tasked with the promotion and marketing of the business. Visitors to restaurants will often see a manager greeting and advising customers while at the same time addressing inquiries and/or complaints.
Restaurants tend to employ those with a relevant educational background in business studies, management, or hospitality management, although appropriate personality, related experience and business insight are considered to be as important as academic qualifications. Gaining practical hotel, restaurant, or other customer service experience can be beneficial for advancement in this field.
Skills Required for Restaurant Manager
- Excellent customer service skills
- Commercial awareness
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Organization skills
- Teamwork / Team management skills
Restaurant Manager Resume Example
[Address and Contact Info]
Restaurant and hospitality manager with more than 15 years experience in service management and operations seeks new opportunities and challenges. Expertise in planning, marketing, cost analysis, budgeting, expense control, staffing, training, and quality management, as well as strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate staff to achieve results. Track record of success reducing costs and increasing revenues. Increased business through referrals from satisfied customers.
- Planning, Leadership & Communication Skills
- Inventory and Cost Control
- P&L /Budget Accountability
- Purchasing/Vendor Relationships
- Customer Relations/Public Relations Skills
- Staff Training/Development/Motivation
- Revenue Generation
- Cooperative Teamwork At All Levels
Fusion Bistro, Los Angeles, CA (2007 – Present)
- Manage daily operations of business with $200,000 monthly sales through improved management techniques, attention to detail, inventory control, and developing vendor relationships.
- Conceptualize and directed a $150,000 marketing campaign designed to grow client base.
- Oversee all aspects of business operations including budgeting, cost control, payroll, accounting functions, sales forecasting, and growth objectives.
- Recruit, train, and motivate staff of cooks, servers, and bartenders.
Mango by the Sea, Oceanside, CA (1994-2007)
- Delivered personal attention to customers to ensure high level of satisfaction, generate repeat clientele, and encourage word of mouth referrals.
- Developed rapport with customers trained service staff to focus on delivering a quality customer experience.
- Instituted theme nights while tending bar to draw wider variety of customers.
Bachelor of Arts (Business Administration – Restaurant Management) 1998
South Coast College – San Diego, CA
***This is only the Restaurant Manager resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Restaurant Manager Job Description Sample
- Restaurant Manager Cover Letter Sample
- Restaurant Server Job Description Sample
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search