Here is a sample of attorney resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a junior lawyer, lawyer, and lateral attorney.
An attorney provides legal advice support, backup and encouragement to a client who requires proper and adequate representation in legal proceedings. An attorney, also makes sure that their clients be it (organization or individual) receive maximum representation offered by the law.
Some Responsibilities of Attorneys
- Drafting and reviewing legal documents to be signed by their clients.
- Working directly with their clients as they have to provide legal advice to make sure their clients do not do something illegal or against the law so as not to forfeit the case.
- Representing their client in legal proceedings such as the court or during negotiations.
- Conducting research especially when they represent individuals that will require proof for certain accusations or claims.
- Drafting documents that protect the interest of their clients because People will obviously want to go for an attorney that has won most of his or her cases if they hope to win their own legal battle.
Skills List for an Attorney
- Attention to detail (Listening to every detail of the whole case from the client).
- Sound judgment.
- Analytical and Logical thinking.
- Time Management.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Calendar and time management skills.
- Must possess good Interpersonal Skills
- Should be able to process good Oral and Written communication.
- Should possess the ability to work alone without support.
- Analytical skills (should be able to analyze large information and reach logical conclusions)
- Good Reading Comprehension Skills
Attorney Resume Example
[Address and Contact Info]
Dedicated, diligent legal and insurance professional with extensive experience providing underwriting, counsel, and research services to clients to always give out the best. Highly organized and extremely detailed, able to work seamlessly on multiple projects and transactions simultaneously. Comfortable leading round table discussions on a variety of legal case that is related to insurance and financial investments. Capable closer, realizing significant growth in office revenue and profit margin through effective utilization of direct marketing methods in-person and written correspondence.
TANA ASSOCIATE 2009 – To Present
- Manage complex defense cases and handled all documentation of witness depositions and evidence.
- Settle 50% of cases out of court and won 96% cases in total both in and out of court.
- Attend mediation and arbitration, contact experts and prepare settlement documents.
- Manage staff and attorneys in a multi-million dollar lawsuit involving more than 600 plaintiffs and defendants.
OLIVIA LAW FIRM 2007 – 2009
- Handled aspects of complex defense cases, intellectual property and, business mergers.
- Delegated research and review of cases to legal assistants and entry-level paralegals
- Review applications, proposals, and grant for legal compliance on behalf of clients.
- Work with online and offline document to be prepared for court filing and presentation
- Prepare comprehensive evidence summaries in anticipation of depositions and trials i.e. document on requests, eye-witnesses, health report, and any other documents that may be needed.
Bournemouth University Adel, IA
Bachelor in Legal Studies July 2005
Graduated in the Top 5 per
Graduated with a 4.5 G.P.A
Bournemouth University Adel, IA
Master in Law, June 2006
Graduated with Honors
Members of the Honors Society
State lawyer license, Adel IA, 2007- present
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the attorney resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?