Here is a sample of security specialist resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a personal security, personnel security adjudicator, federal security, cyber security, protective security specialist and security operations specialist.
Security professionals enforce law and order as well as corporate policy through the detection, prevention and investigation of wrongdoing. Duties include patrolling private and commercial property to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure the security of doors, windows, and gates. Other responsibilities may include answering alarms, investigating disturbances and monitoring the entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons onto or out of corporate premises in order to maintain security and/or prevent theft. Security specialists are often tasked with writing reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
Qualifications and Training
All entrants must pass standard recruitment tests (fitness, medical and educational) as organized by the company. There are usually no height restrictions or upper age limits for applications, although visible tattoos, debt problems and certain criminal convictions may prevent being employed in this field. Previous experience is not necessary, although it is advantageous.
Skills Required for Security Specialist
- Ability to handle responsibility
- Ability to remain calm in challenging or dangerous situations
- Good interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Problem solving skills
- Negotiation skills
Security Specialist Resume Example
[Address and Contact Info]
Professional security specialist with many years experience protecting lives and property. Created and lead security professionals in a private consultant practice, utilizing personal field experience from military duties and private security assignments to provide effective advice and services. Demonstrated ability to assess threats and vulnerabilities in order to respond quickly and implement effective solutions for enhanced security.
BLACKWATER SECURITY, Milsap, CA 1999 – Present
- Founded and managed an 8-person consulting firm specializing in physical security for celebrities, events, retail establishments, and financial institutions. Recruited, trained, and directed a team of contracting security agents based on client needs. Oversaw business, financial, and personnel decisions.
- Mentored and coached team members to deliver quality service and advice to clients.
- Instituted an immediate response procedure to quickly address emergency and hazardous situations, resulting in a 45% reduction in the time to contact appropriate authorities.
- Conducted research on the success of security techniques in order to focus on the most successful strategies employed in the field.
- Trained colleagues to present security plans using professional presentation skills.
GREAT PLAINS GEMS, INC., San Diego, CA 1996 – 1999
- Managed security for 10 gold/jewelry stores and seven security couriers. Oversaw security, including alarm systems, inventory control procedures, contract security personnel, and surveillance systems.
- Advised senior management on improvements in security measures.
- Developed and institutionalized security standards and procedures, reducing thefts by 17%.
- Investigated and analyzed patterns in courier travel to demonstrate security vulnerabilities.
- Coordinated with local law enforcement to increase awareness of crime patterns and assist in investigations.
- Researched new developments in alarm and surveillance systems to identify tools to improve in-store security.
Bachelor of Arts (Management), 1999
State College of California, Fontana, CA
Associate of Arts (Law Enforcement), 1996
Greenburg Community College, Greenburg, CA
General Management: Use administrative, planning, and organizational skills to recognize problems and execute solutions that streamline operations and achieve results.
Leadership: Use coaching and mentoring strategies to assist employees in developing programs of action that address identified security needs.
Communication: Express recommendations in a clear, concise, and effective manner.
***This is only the Security specialist resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?