Attorney job description example, including tasks, skills, and responsibilities to edit to attract top candidates for your business.
An attorney also referred to as a lawyer represents and advises his clients in both criminal and civil cases. An attorney can be a general practitioner or specialize in any of the different areas, including criminal, property, marriage, wills, and environmental law. Attorneys are usually assisted by paralegals.
Attorneys often work directly with clients because they must provide legal advice to ensure that their clients are not doing something illegal or against the law. They are always seen representing their clients in legal proceedings, such as in court or during negotiations. Attorneys also conduct investigations, especially when representing individuals who will require evidence of certain allegations and/or claims. Attorneys are also experts in writing documents that protect the interests of their clients.
Attorney Job Description – Responsibilities
- Communicating with clients and requesting about their legal needs and concerns and provide useful advice.
- Develop strategies for solving cases in a cost-effective and favorable way for their clients.
- Explaining legal choices to their clients and providing them with possible results or threats to their attention.
- Developing client relationships based on trust.
- Developing cases and representing clients in criminal and civil proceedings.
- Preparing legal documents, such as contracts, arrangements, and payments, in a timely and correct manner.
- Staying informed about current legislation, especially about legal practices.
- Finding ethical solutions for legal issues.
- Guiding clients and ensuring compliance with rules and regulations
- Structuring, drafting and reviewing of reports and other legal documents
- Bachelor’s degree in law or any other related field
- A legal doctorate from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association.
- Admission to the bar in the country or state you plan to practice.
- It may be desirable to have experience or expertise in a particular field of law.
- Commitment to adhering to local, national and federal laws and behaving ethically.
- Ability to work independently or with a team of attorney to develop a case strategy.
- Strong critical thinking, interpersonal and oral skills.
- Ability to negotiate, investigate and communicate verbally and in writing.
- Adaptability and attention to detail.
- Proven experience in comparable law firms
- Administrative and management skills
- Analytical capacity and great attention to detail
- Computer skills
- Current attorney’s license to practice
Attorney Job Description – Desired Skills Of An Attorney
Some of the following skills will ensure success practicing as an attorney:
- An attorney must have the ability to understand complex problems and determine the laws that apply to them
- An attorney should be able to demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and time management
- An attorney must have a keen excellent eye opportunity to details as well as good research ability
- An attorney must have thorough knowledge of legal proceedings and must keep up to date with current events
- An attorney should be computer literate and should be able to maintain, update, and modify the necessary documents during court presentations.
- An attorney must have persuasive communication skills that will help build trust and expand client’s base.