Here is a sample of legal assistant resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an administrative assistant, executive assistant, office assistant, and office staff.
Legal assistant with the general counsel in the areas where the lawyer did not have time to finish. Being a lawyer is a combination of paperwork busy, boring and creative analytical thinking. Lawyers need help with the grunt work so they can spend more time and energy to their legal arguments. This is where the legal assistant comes in.
Sometimes other lawyers make their legal secretaries to do the work of Paralegals; most lawyers do not have enough time for training. Thus, most lawyers prefer to hire candidates with experience in law or paralegal certificate. But it’s even better if you both.
Most of the work does by a legal assistant is paperwork. It can be a bit annoying because you have to understand most of the legal proceedings that will occur.
However, it also includes some fascinating case. Becoming a legal requires hard work, determination, patience, effort and time. If you do not have these factors, it will be much harder.
Skills and Abilities of A Legal Assistant
- Investigate and collect the facts of the case
- Conduct research on the laws, regulations and relevant legal articles
- Organize and keep records in electronic or paper collections
- Collect and provide evidence and other legal documents for consideration attorneys and case preparation
- Writing reports or summaries to help lawyers prepare for trial
- Preparation of correspondence and legal documents such as contracts and mortgages
- Take affidavits and other official statements that can be used as evidence in court
- Lawyers assist during test drives screen while taking notes or examining transcripts
- Provide presentations, briefs, appeals and other legal documents with the court or the opponent
- Call clients, witnesses, lawyers and external suppliers to schedule interviews, meetings and deposits
Legal Assistant Resume Example
[Address and Contact Info]
A reliable legal assistant is able to help high-level lawyers in more than 50 cases successfully. Dedicated to maintaining professional standards and ethical work practices to produce a content event of the highest quality.
Reasoned legal secretaries who manage the team. Effectively communicate with members of the legal, customer and personnel departments of the courtroom.
Analytical expert on legal and assistant research documentation. It provides clear, concise results based on creative exploration and complex information.
- Mastery of legal terminology
- The National Association of Legal Associates
- Patents and trademarks
- QuickBooks Pro
- Legal Research
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Advanced Word Processing
- Conflict resolution
- Notary official
- Writing and editing
- Work Experience
MNO Legal Associates Houston, Texas
June 2011 – Date
- Development of legal documents, including contracts and property reports for closure.
- File all the allegations in the court clerk.
- Prepared for testing by the organization of exhibitions and other relevant evidence.
- Research statutes, decisions, legal articles, and codes.
- Witnesses are contacted to testify under oath at the hearings.
- Examine the facts and law cases, using relevant sources to determine the cause of action and prepare files.
- Direct and coordinate the main activities of the law, including the delivery of calls.
- Develop a working relationship with the courts, clients, debtors, and lawyers.
- Analyze customer balances for verification purposes.
- Lawyers helped inspection and control of the organization reports.
- Filed all legal documents on behalf of a lawyer.
- Prepared for testing by performing legal research and drafting the statement.
- Meet with clients to inform them about the progress of the case.
MNO Legal Company, New York City, NY
Feb. 2008 – April 2011
- Account management of user accounts and with the highest level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Reviewed, corrected and revised the law for grammar, language and the right format.
- Teamwork with lawyers, administrative assistants, and other Paralegals.
- Complete verification to the accused.
- Updating the software company with the results of monitoring rebounds.
- The assessment and inventory and personal property for estate planning.
- Legal documents such as product briefs, petitions and appeals.
ABC University, ABC CITY, AB
Bachelor’s Degree in Law 2009
Acted as the lead Legal Assistant on multiple international asylum cases.
Facilitated the firm’s smooth transition to a paperless system.
Read medical reports on 50+ clients regarding various medical issues to determine the validity of diagnoses.
References –Available on request
***This is only the Legal assistant resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?