Here is a sample of creative director resume for getting hired – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an executive creative director, fashion creative director, associate creative director, and art director.
A creative director oversees all aspects of product design. In advertising, this means branding and advertising for a client and ensuring that the new branding and advertising fit in with the client’s requirements. As a creative director, you will initiate and stimulate creative ideas for and from those involved in the creative process. A creative director is ultimately responsible for the quality of the final creative work. It’s very much a people-oriented job, involving the development of high-level concepts for design projects. It also involves working with internal and external clients, pitching designs, and understanding client needs. At times, you may be required to develop visual designs, and at other times, you will be responsible for recruiting and managing third party design firms as well as internal design resources.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Creative Director Resume
- Passionate and driven with an ability to produce exciting creative.
- An ability to translate client briefs into creative that fits their needs.
- Hard working and able to work to sometimes tight deadlines.
- A natural eye for design and artwork and a strong portfolio of creative projects.
- Possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices
- Have a good knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web
- Must understand Flash and have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative motion graphics solutions
- Have a strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process
- Possess print and web design capabilities: must know how to work in both media for integrated campaigns
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion. Apply best practices in user interface and interactive design, including image optimization and site mapping
- Experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & Flash
- Experience with Adobe AfterEffects & video editing (a plus)
- Knowledge of HTML, DHTML CSS, Actionscript & Drupal
- Ability to make evaluative judgments
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
Creative Director Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone, Email Address
Accomplished creative professional with a proven track record in all aspects of the end-to-end creative process ranging from concept through execution; excellent team player and collaborator; a forward thinker who brings a broad perspective to brand and promotion development. Highly skilled in building client relationships and developing design solutions that bring their vision to life in a fresh, aligned and compelling way.
- Inspiring Leadership
- Interactive mastermind
- Compelling artistry
- Relentless Mentorship
- Time Management
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto 2015 – Present
- Lead and develop creative teams comprised of designers and other staff, contributing to strategy formation and supporting the development of design solutions and visuals for projects which are broad in scope and may involve multiple functional areas, service areas or divisions.
- Provide creative direction and technical assistance for design staff to ensure that project designs and processes are cost effective and appropriate to the target audience.
- Provide staff management including hiring, development, motivation, performance evaluation and coaching of diverse and multidisciplinary staff that may include designers, web developers, coordinators and programmers, photographers, animators, illustrators and other media professionals.
- Partner and collaborate with physicians and all levels of management to provide leadership and direction towards meeting creative objectives.
- Educate and instruct these clients on all aspects of creative projects.
- Manage and forecast staffing and team changes to accommodate changing workloads and project flow.
- Provide guidance to teams on productivity and performance issues.
- Develop processes and communication patterns to support high-functioning and collaborative team environment, encouraging joy and fun.
- Develop and monitor operating and project budgets, including forecasting annual capital budget, needs.
- Prioritize and handle multiple clients, projects, and deadlines, allocating resources and talent as needed.
- Formulate and monitor plans for professional and department development, supporting growth in technology and business skills through formal and informal training.
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2007 – 2014)
- Led creative sessions for project kick-offs.
- Managed multiple projects from concept through completion.
- Developed design concepts.
- Established creative direction within a company.
- Supervised and inspired the creative team of vendor partners; generated multiple concepts for a campaign or project.
- Worked with the account team, strategy team, and copywriters to develop concepts and present to management.
- Worked with internal teams to generate ideas for pitching and proposals.
- Managed team members.
- Provided quality control over concepts and projects.
MFA, Masters of Fine Arts in Creative Writing, 2005
University: American University, Washington, DC
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the creative director resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
***Featured image: Designed by Freepik
Want more samples?