Here is a sample of physician resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a family physician, resident physician, general physician, and emergency physician.
Physicians, or medical doctors (MDs), is a person that diagnose and treat diseases, injuries, and other disorders. They also work to promote good health and prevent illness. Physicians often supervise other health-care workers, such as physician assistants, nurses, and technicians.
Most physicians are involved directly in patient care. Only about a tenth of all physicians work in areas other than patient care, such as administration or research. The majority of the physicians who provide patient care have their own practices or are partners in group practices. Others work full time in hospitals. About a third of the physicians providing patient care are general practitioners. They treat a wide variety of common health problems. When general practitioners discover illnesses or injuries that need special care, they refer patients to specialists. Family practitioners, who are general practitioners, concentrate on primary health care for the entire family.
The other two-thirds of the physicians providing patient care are specialists who work in one particular branch of medicine. There are about thirty-five major fields of specialization with more than fifty different sub-specialties.Physician specialties described here include anesthesiologist, dermatologist, gerontologist, ophthalmologist, psychiatrist, and surgeon.
Physicians who specialize in internal medicine are called internists. They diagnose and treat problems of the internal organs, such as the liver, heart, and lungs. They do not perform surgery. Internists manage and treat common health problems, such as infections, influenza and pneumonia, as well as more.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Physician Resume
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure.
- Good practical skills.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Communication skills, compassion and a good bedside manner.
- Drive to continue learning throughout career.
Physician Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Highly talented and experienced physician, with more than nine years of experience in hospital and clinic settings. Including acute and primary care. Extensive background working with underprivileged and minority populations. Highly with diagnosis and treatment of multiple diseases state and health concerns. Also to establish strong rapport with all patient, adept at communicating with patients and relatives.
- General Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Infectious diseases
- Hospital Medical Services
- Private Practice Experience.
- Outpatient clinic/Office
- Emergency room experience
- Nursing home/rehab/long-time care
- Psychiatry/behavioral/substance abuse
ABC HOSPITAL NEW YORK, NY (20xx – Present)
- Provide medical care to patient by examining, interviewing and treating of clinical patients to meet their medical requirement.
- Conduct and plan weekly ward rounds for checking progress, monitoring and allowing early discharge of patients under care.
- Supervise the assessment and provide proper treatment to admitted patients.
- Educate patients on prevention and detention of illness by providing resource and materials to the patient and families.
- Participate in quality management, improvement and patient care programs established by the hospital.
- Maintain confidential document of patient information according to federal regulations and guidelines.
XYZ HEALTH CLINIC NEW YORK, NY (20xx – Present)
- Performed health and sanitation inspection and prepared recommendations and report as appropriate.
- Consulted with staff regarding patient assessment, care and education issues.
- Prescribed clinical drugs and medical treatments to patients in the clinic.
- Reviewed long-term cases regularly that required ongoing medical attention.
- Evaluated medical records of patients, discharge letters and case note at peer review.
- Provided advice to staff and patients regarding prevention of disease and health promotion.
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA – LOS ANGELES 20xx – 20xx
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MEDICINE
EXPERIENCE – Available on Request
***This is only the Physician resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Physician Assistant Job Description Sample
- Physician Job Description Sample
- Professional Physician Resume Sample
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search