Here is a sample of entry level secretary resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an administrative secretary, secretary receptionist, executive secretary, and school secretary.
As the name implies, the holder of an entry-level secretarial position is there to play the role of an assistant to superiors and improve their work flow by attending to basic subordinate tasks. Such a person would be responsible for attending to phone calls and inquiries, and to make sure vital information from the company’s management is accurately communicated across to employees on time. They fix times of meetings, properly outline what needs to be done per working session – calendars for executives. They further schedule time for appointments, keep track of office information, communicate professionally to clients as regards inquiries and probable dissatisfactions, and sort through faxes and mails directed to the organization.
The job doesn’t require much regarding qualification (this does not imply that a candidate with higher qualification is unwanted, such higher qualification, as a matter of fact, would give a little leverage over regular qualification). In the light of the leniency in qualification requirement, a candidate who has a high school diploma can apply for it. However, such a candidate must have a strong grasp on verbal and written communication and computers. Such a candidate must likewise be capable of multitasking and working under pressure.
In writing a secretary resume, begin with a simple career objective with no extravagant use of words (don’t hype yourself or the company). Having outlined your career objective, give a concise summary of your skills, stressing majorly on your office managerial skills, communication skills, and capacity to multitask. Move further by providing necessary work experience (once again, internship experience is the way to go), then give details as to your educational background (as has been said earlier, a higher qualification would give you an edge over others in this, so should you possess higher qualifications, start with your highest and relevant educational qualification).
Here is a sample Entry Level Secretary Resume to aid in tailoring your resume:
Entry Level Secretary Resume Sample with Little Experience
James P Morgan
20 Victoria Street,
Illinois, IL 2105
Email: [email protected]
- To secure an entry-level secretary position at a reputable company, and serve the required functions of a secretary.
- Skills Summarization:
- Efficient knowledge of office management and secretarial functions
- Proficient in interpersonal relations
- Efficient knowledge of the use of computer and other office equipment.
- Profession demeanor and respectful work ethic
- Capacity to multitask and work under strain
QRS Corp., Illinois, IL
August 20XX – till date
- Organizing files and records of the company with professional discretion.
- Typing out memoranda as at when due and efficiently communicating it to staff.
- Organizing company’s calendar for smooth work flow.
XYZ Company, Illinois, IL
August 20XX – July 20XX
- Handled business documents and accurately sorted them out for easy access when necessary.
- Responded to faxes and mails for the company, while sending replies as at when due.
- Maintained a cordial yet professional relationship with clients, giving recommendations that would help the clients and would still be beneficial to the company.
John Hopkins Institute for Secretarial Duties
20XX – 20XX
High School Diploma
Peterson Freemont High
20XX – 20XX
- Shall be made available once requested.
***This is only the entry level secretary resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.