Here is a sample of elementary teacher resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an elementary teacher, English teacher, experienced teacher, and high school teacher.
Elementary Teachers are the initial education providers. They teach in the Montessori or Kindergarten schools. They prepare the curriculum and then conduct the classes. In the Montessori, the teaching system is very different from regular school education. Hence, he has to look into the overall development of the kid. His role doesn’t end with teaching. He even works as an instructor and guides the student. In short, he is responsible for the overall growth of the student.
They require the knowledge of training and education, psychology, mathematics and sociology among other areas of expertise. They have the ability to speak and write in a clear and concise manner and listen attentively to what is being communicated to them. They think creatively and can make decisions and solve problems. An elementary school teacher would normally work 10 months of the year.
kills Required for Elementary Teacher
Some of the essential skills for this job are:
- Must have motivational and counseling skill.
- Should be able to communicate effectively
- Should be a very good listener.
- Should monitor students’ performance
- Should have analytical sense and solve problem
- Should be active in both written and verbal communication
- Must be updated and have knowledge of computers and other administrative devices.
Elementary Teacher Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Committed and resourceful elementary Teacher. Skilled in the creation of inspiring lesson plans that accommodate individual student needs and learning patterns. Creates stimulating learning environment conducive to social and intellectual growth and adopts a child-centered approach that nurtures each student’s talents and potential to succeed. Promotes excellent relationships with students, parents, and fellow teachers.
- Adaptive teaching style
- Assessment / recording
- Reading schemes
- Cooperative learning
- Curriculum planning / review
- Multisensory learning
- Classroom management
- Special needs programs
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2015 – Present)
1st Grade Teacher
- Teach general subjects (Math, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies) in 1st grade class of 26 students.
- Develop and adapt lesson plans to meet differing abilities and social needs.
- Promote understanding of and respect for different cultural / heritage backgrounds of students.
- Encourage creative approach to problem-solving.
- Motivate/mentor students towards higher success and achievement.
- Work with a teaching assistant to create multisensory materials/experiences for Science learning center.
- Diagnose individual strengths/needs and contribute to the formulation of IEPs where necessary.
- Participate in the after school enrichment program.
- Contribute to quarterly reports and participated in teacher/parent conferences.
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2012 – 2014)
2nd Grade Teacher
- Taught elementary subjects, including Math, Reading, and Writing, Social Studies, Science and introduction to Spanish.
- Employed multiple teaching styles to adapt to provide challenging lessons in the supportive class setting.
- Reviewed and selected new textbooks.
- Managed Reading Buddy program – partnership between 2nd and 8th-grade students.
- Advised library staff on appropriate book selection for 1st and 2nd-grade supplementary reading program.
- Supervised playground activities as required.
- Integrate technology into the classroom through the development of thematic units of study.
B.A. Elementary Education, University of Ohio Ohio, 2006
Graduate Certificate in Teaching
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the elementary teacher resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search