Software project manager job description sample, including tasks, skills, and responsibilities to edit to attract top candidates for your business.
A software project manager is a professional who is responsible for overseeing schedules, plans, and strategies for web applications and software development. Software project managers work in virtually all organizations and play an important role in ensuring the maintenance, management and total success of computer applications and programs.
The software project manager has a responsibility of outlining project management strategies and plans and ensuring the implementations throughout all the stages involved in carrying out the project. At the same time, he is expected to guide and orientate teams of software engineers and software developers from the planning stage to the product launching stage.
Software project managers basically describe the goals, objectives, aims and targets guiding each developmental stage of the software development project. Hence, it is in the hands of the software project manager to coordinate and monitor the work of every member of the team and also manage resources available during the project to yield a quality product and make them available for customers whenever they are needed.
Asides from performing supervisory activities, your job as a software project manager also includes setting up a meeting with clients and other managers in the organization to deliberate on sponsors, important decisions, trade-offs as well as management of expectations. You’ll also have to create recommendations to senior staff members concerning how to allocate resources, designing project schedules, train members of the software project team on development processes and organizational procedures and regulations.
Software Project Manager Job Description Sample
Position: Software Project Manager
Degree: Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, project management or any related field.
Working conditions: Has to work in the office.
- Must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in computer or software engineering, computer science, project management, business administration or any of the various related fields.
- Must have at least five years of experience in any technology related environment. Also, some years of experience as a project manager in a relevant organization.
- Getting a certificate as a Project Management Professional (PMP) will open doors to numerous opportunities of being eligible for various career choices because some employers only consider applicants with such certificate.
- Knowledgeable in aspects of software development, application, and programming. Such as SQL, Microsoft Office, and Linux.
- Excellent skill in project management, as it is a major criterion for being eligible.
- Ability to set and meet up with deadlines, lead the development project team, evaluate and estimate the costs of a project.
- Must have skills in communicating as a superior, be it verbally or non-verbally.
- Possess strong organizational skills and must be a critical thinker.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and maintaining project plans and agendas.
- You will offer guidance, drive, and inspiration to developers.
- Responsible for troubleshooting technical issues whenever it pops up.
- Making sure upgrades of software are smooth.
- Conducting software development team meetings to discuss how to satisfy customers better and generate more revenue to the company.
- Required to make consistent status reports available to the management of the organization and to the clients.
- You’ll have to work hand-in-hand with the company executives, business analysts, and other software developers.
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search