Here is a sample of Linux administrator resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a Linux administrator, Linux admin, Linux system administrator, UNIX administrator, IT administrator, and open-stack administrator.
A Linux Administrator acts as a link with vendors on computer software, hardware, special application and MIS systems application issues. He will be responsible for setting up and servicing servers and systems. He keeps contacts with other institutes on application of technological practices and initiatives of interest.
- Monitor systems for performance to the expectations of business.
- Maintain already installed servers set up with custom application and builds on the company’s network
- Perform appropriate and necessary updates and testing on system infrastructure to ensure the continuous peak performance of the system.
- Create, edit and delete group and local user accounts, and LDAP user and group accounts.
- Assist with the implementation of system updates and patches ensuring that system upgrades are effectively and suited for user requirements, fix and troubleshoot TCP/IP, NFS, and other protocols problems.
- Watch and maintain the required security policies and environments on Linux and Windows servers.
- Contribute to the implementation and advancement of technology standards, monitor and report on system and database backups to ensure they are appropriately configured, implemented and verified to ensure effective recovery in case of any failure.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Linux Administrator Resume
- Possess the ability the operate like file replication such as Tuning and Configurations
- Excellent communication,
- Good Interpersonal Relationship Skills
- Great Customer handling skills
- Ability to document procedures and processes accurately
Linux administrator Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip, Phone, Email]
A seasoned Linux administrator, possessing strong performance background in wide variety of professional system support with over thirteen years’ experience providing solution-based IT services for Linux Systems including systems administrations such as including, configuration,monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of Linux operating systems.
A Goal driven Linux Administrator looking for positions in a company that will incorporate my Linux skills in systems security, system programming and administration.
Core Skills and Competencies
- Red Hat Linux
- MySQL and Ruby on Rails
- AIX 4.3 and 5L
- SQL Server administration and installation
- TCP/IP, VLANS, SNMP
- Debian Linux
- Apache web server: Virtual hosting and PHP configuration
- Mac OS X 10.3
- Perl scripting language
- C; UNIX system programming
- Shell (Bash)
- Solaris 2.x
ABC Solutions, White Plains, NY (2010 – Present)
Snr. Linux Administrator
Function as a senior Linux administrator and systems engineer to manage system performance and services, configure and install Centos, Red Hat, Fedora, Red Hat on various server platforms that contains Apache, PHP5 and MySQL, Plan and execute Linux system upgrades and changes.
- Monitored the company’s Linux servers and scripts frequently and carried out troubleshooting steps, also installed and tested the latest software on server for end-users.
- Managed and Cross Trained Technical Support Team, teaching personnel Linux standards.
- Attended calls related to customer queries and complaints, offered solutions.
- Created shell scripts and crone jobs that monitored and reported security issues
- Carried out routine checks on the company’s Linux servers of the firm.
New York State University, White Plains, NY (2001 – 2005)
B.S. in Computer Science
***This is only the Linux administrator resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?