Here is a sample of software project manager resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an IT project manager, it manager, senior it project manager, software project manager, and project manager.
Software development project managers are professionals who oversee plans and schedules for the development of software and web applications. They are responsible for defining project management policies and ensuring their implementation in all stages of a project, and they lead teams of software developers and engineers from the concept phase to product launch.
Software development project managers typically define the objectives and scopes for each stage of a software development project and are responsible for managing quality control and for coordinating the work of all team members to ensure that the product is delivered on time.
Implementation of the project’s activities includes delegating different activities and ensuring their completion on time. Executing the plan of action and ensuring that it is monitored along the way is a key responsibility if his. A project manager must set out the project boundaries and scope for the project which they formulate itself into a plan of action and assists in the successful completion of the project.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Software Project Manager Resume
The project manager is a link between his clients, his team and his own supervisors. He must coordinate and transfer all the relevant information from the clients to his team and report to the upper management. He should work closely with analysts, software designers, and other staff members and communicate the goals of the project. He monitors the progress of the project, taking action accordingly.
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Numeracy skills
- Communication skills
- Team working skills
- Ability to motivate people
- Management and leadership skills
Software Project Manager Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
A successful 15-year track record of solid contributions in technical project leadership and people management across a variety of industries, with demonstrated competence in delivering quality products and services in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team environment, that improve the bottom line. An effective communicator, an accomplished leader, and a team builder with a keen ability to deliver business results across cross-functional teams. Excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of software development processes and tools.
- Formal project management training or PMP certification.
- Knowledge of Agile and CMMI methodology.
- Taking ownership of assigned projects.
- Following through on projects with minimal oversight.
- Familiar with office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to drive influence team members through positive interaction.
- A resolute commitment to achieving goals and deadlines.
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2015 – Present)
Software Project Manager
Responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing custom software development projects to achieve total client satisfaction.
- Defining project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Executing software development projects.
- Produce effective technical and project documentation.
- Tracking and reporting on the status of projects to stakeholders.
- Promoting positive team morale.
- Ensuring harmonious working relationships with key partners.
- Ensuring that all elements of a project are executed accurately and within budget.
- Escalating issues when necessary.
- Finding out what the client wants to achieve.
- Accurately estimating and meeting deadlines.
- Identifying risks and roadblocks that may hinder a project.
- Establishing milestones, anticipating issues, and monitoring adherence to project scope, schedules, and requirements.
- Mentoring members of the project team.
- Agreeing on the timescales, costs and resources needed.
- Troubleshooting software and hardware issues.
- Monitoring and measuring performance at a project level.
- Drafting and submitting budget proposals.
- Error estimation and tracking.
Computer Science Degree, 2006
University of Ohio Ohio
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the software project manager resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Software Project Manager Job Description Sample
- Production Manager Job Description Sample
- Product Manager Job Description Sample