Here is a sample of secretary resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an administrative secretary, secretary of the company, secretary receptionist, and school secretary.
Secretaries help to keep an organization running smoothly. The role is dynamic, but the main tasks are administrative. Typical responsibilities of the work include answering telephone calls, arranging appointments and taking messages. Secretaries also must be skilled in typing and word processing, filing, handling mail. Senior secretarial positions may also be responsible for organizing and servicing meetings (producing agendas and taking minutes), managing databases and even recruiting, training and supervising junior staff. Experience can be gained through temporary agency work (‘temping’), which can lead to permanent employment. Entry level employment does not usually require an advanced education degree, but training/certifications specific to the job should be completed.
Necessary qualifications and training
Advanced academic qualifications are not always needed, although English, business, IT, administration or management certifications may be useful in securing employment and advancing within an organization. Previous office or administrative work experience can also be beneficial. In the present technological age, it is critical to have IT and administrative skills.
Skills for Secretary
- Interpersonal/social skills
- Team-working skills
- Organizational skills
- Negotiation skills
- Time management ability
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Communication skills
Secretary Resume Example
Address and Contact Info.
- Six years work experience in clerical and billing duties
- Type 60 WPM / Proficient in data entry, filing
- Promote services through professional marketing calls/assign leads to sales department
- Efficiently maintain accounts
- Skillfully compile complete reports for accounting/services/ claims
- Accurately post all debits/credits to customer accounts
- Accustomed to cashiering responsibilities
- Politely handle multiple-line phone traffic/appointments
- Efficiently complete reports/forms
- Maintain and order inventory when needed
- Computer Knowledge: Install specialized software
- Experienced in: WordPerfect, Windows, Adobe
Prudential Insurance, Colton, CA (2007-Present)
Johnson Community Center, Los Angeles, CA 2004-2007
Administrative Careers Course, 2004
Professional Interpersonal Skills Workshop, 2003
10-Key Data Entry Certification, 2003
DISTINGUISHING PERSONAL QUALITIES
Dependable / Organized / Hard-Worker / Quick Learner
***This is only the secretary resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples? See below.